The Navy and Marine Corps team offers innovative, exciting and meaningful work linking military and civilian talents to achieve our mission and safeguard our freedoms. Department of the Navy provides competitive salaries, comprehensive benefits, and extensive professional development and training. From pipefitters to accountants, scientists to engineers, doctors to nurses-the careers and opportunities to make a difference are endless. Civilian careers-where purpose and patriotism unite!
This position is located in the Facilities Maintenance Department, Naval War College, Newport, RI., a demanding office environment to support the 18 buildings and grounds. The person selected for this position will provide call screening, dispatch, administrative, work assignment and computer support to the offices of the Director of the Facilities Department, the Facilities Maintenance Superintendent and the Facilities Maintenance Department staff. Multi-tasking in an environment of constantly changing priorities will be the responsibility of this position.
- Screens incoming calls for urgent and emergency assignment to Facilities trade personnel
- Responsible for the operations and applications used on the Facilities Service Call system Schooldude (Maintenance Direct)
- Maintains files and records that relate to the work of the Office
- Sets up and maintains logs showing the status of actions and correspondence
- Coordinates visits for contractors and visitors, ensuring proper access and escort
- Operates a desktop computer, printer, fax, scanner and other office equipment to produce and disseminate material in a variety of formats
- Provides administrative support for the department (time keeping, training records)