Civilian employees serve a vital role in supporting the Army mission. They provide the skills that are not readily available in the military, but crucial to support military operations. The Army integrates the talents and skills of its military and civilian members to form a Total Army.
About the Position:
Kimbrough is the headquarters of the U.S.Army Medical Department Activity (MEDDAC), Fort George G. Meade, which includes a number of U.S. Army health clinics, occupational health clinics, telemedicine, behavioral health, allergen extract lab, drug testing labs, and environmental health clinics at several other installations in Maryland, Pennsylvania, Virginia, and District of Columbia.
Kimbrough provides primary care, selected specialty care and same day surgery for TRICARE Prime patients, Monday through Friday between 7:30 a.m. and 4:00 p.m.
Who May Apply: U.S. Citizens
· Enter, manipulate and/or retrieve information and data from the
Armed Forces Health Longitudinal Technology Application (AHLTA), the Ambulatory
Data System (ADS), and the Clinical Information System (CIS).
· Transcribe physician and nursing orders involving patient
activities, diets, medications
· Complete request forms for patient orders for blood work,
x-rays, radiation therapy, respiratory and ventilator care
· Maintain and monitor patient appointment schedules
· Receive patient and visitors as the initial point of contact
· Maintain all patient records according to regulation
· Perform Quality Assurance monitoring regarding the completion
and contents of the patient record
· Responsible for clerical duties inherent in the admission, care
and discharge of inpatients, or the inprocessing, care and outprocessing of
outpatients and guests