About the Agency
The Office of the Assistant Secretary for Global Markets and Director General of the U.S Commercial Service, in the International Trade Administration (ITA), is looking for an energetic, innovative trade professional who will enjoy working in a dynamic and mission driven organization as an International Trade Specialist. The ideal candidate will have trade promotion, investment support, and export experience applying forward-thinking leadership in promoting and implementing a vision that fosters organizational excellence. This position requires knowledge of international, economic and political factors influencing the flow of goods and services between countries. The incumbent will serve as a liaison with other ITA offices and Global Markets units, including management of a document tracking system, development and implementation of strategies that anticipate customer needs, and the execution of vital change initiatives.
This position is located in the Office of the Assistant Secretary for Global Markets and Director General of the U.S Commercial Service, in the International Trade Administration (ITA). The mission of Global Markets is to assist and advocate for U.S. businesses in international markets to foster U.S. economic prosperity. Utilizing our network of trade promotion and policy professionals located in over 70 countries and 100 U.S. locations, Global Markets promotes U.S. exports, especially among small and medium-sized enterprises; advances and protects U.S. commercial interests overseas; and attracts inward investment into the United States.
Applicants under this vacancy announcement will be considered for merit promotion procedures only. If you are interested in concurrent consideration under the delegating examining procedures, you may also apply to vacancy announcement no. ITA-2014-0003.
The individual selected for this position will:
- Serve as a liaison with other ITA offices and Global Market (GM) units, working to achieve ITA and GM priorities and ensure communication among staff on important issues and tasks;
- Assign tasks given to the Office of the Director General (ODG) by the Office of the Deputy Under Secretary or Office of the Chief Financial Officer and Director of Administration to the GM units and ensure timely submission and adequate completion of GM responsibilities;
- Coordinate with GM staff to determine what materials are needed for the Director General and Deputy Director General's participation in internal meetings, external events, and domestic and foreign travel, and work with/assign GM units to provide materials for these activities;
- Coordinate with ODG Administrative staff to ensure materials are included in daily briefing books and trip books for the Director General and Deputy Director General;
- Develop and maintain electronic tracking systems for all assignments and documents submitted to ODG for processing;
- Serve as a liaison with the Office of the Chief Information Officer staff on necessary technical support for maintenance or upgrades to these systems; and
- Manage weekly reporting responsibilities for organizational and senior officials' activities.