At the full performance level, you will support Assistant United States Attorneys (AUSA) in the Criminal Division of the Lubbock, TX office, by providing a variety of legal assistance and office support services. If selected, you will receive formal and/or on-the-job training as needed. Duties include:
- examining, preparing and processing a variety of technical legal documents, e.g., complaints, motions, orders, answers, pleadings, and subpoenas;
- providing assistance to attorneys in trial preparation;
- assembling exhibits, affidavits, and other legal documents;
- assembling and organizing files and records material for disposition or transfer to records depository;
- maintaining calendar of assigned active cases;
- tracking filing, hearing, and trial dates, and scheduling conference and interviews;
- arranging travel by preparing itinerary and securing transportation and hotel reservations; and
- producing a variety of written documents and materials using a wide range of office software applications.
Responsibilities will increase and assignments will become more complex as your training and experience progress.
Travel Required: 1-5 days per month.