Job Title:Budget Officer - GS - 0560 - 15 (Open to U.S. Citizens) - BP
Department:Department Of Transportation
Agency:National Highway Traffic Safety Administration
Job Announcement Number:NHTSA.NPO-2014-0007
This position is closed and no longer accepting online applications through USAJOBS.
The contents of the announcement can still be viewed.
/ Per Year|
|Wednesday, February 19, 2014 to
Friday, February 28, 2014|
SERIES & GRADE:
|Full Time - -
|1 vacancy -
Washington DC, DC View Map|
WHO MAY APPLY:
|Applications will be accepted from any U.S. Citizen. |
This job is also being advertised for applicants eligible for status consideration. Current and former status employees and veterans who qualify under VEOA are encouraged to also apply to announcement: NHTSA.NPO-2014-0006.
|Q - Nonsensitive|
About the Agency
As the Budget Officer, you will report directly to the Associate Administrator for Planning, Administrative and Financial Management (AA for PAFM). You will provide executive leadership in management of the agency-wide budget and related financial activities. You will also provide direction and guidance to senior staff members to accomplish objectives and effect management improvements needed to implement policies and programmatic initiatives of the Chief Financial Officer (CFO) and the AA for PAFM. You will develop a comprehensive budget program for NHTSA and lead NHTSA's efforts in all aspects of this program, including program planning, budget formulation, budget justification, funds control,
budget execution analysis and reporting, and budget systems administration and operation. You will represent the AA in meetings, discussions, and decision making forums within the Department and with Governmental agencies and representatives from Congress and other
external organizations. Additionally, you will advise NHTSA executives, the CFO, Deputy CFO and others on budgetary matters from an agency-wide perspective.
NHTSA is looking for an experienced Budget Officer with expertise in overseeing all aspects of the budget formulation, justification and execution of all the funds. The ideal candidate should have experience overseeing the management of an agency’s budget analysts, ensuring all information is accurate, timely and is consistent OMB budget guidance. Experience advising agency executives on managing the budget is a must also.
- Applications will be accepted from any U.S. Citizen.
- Submit application and resume online by 11:59 PM EST on the closing date.
- Provide all required documents by closing date.
- Position is telework eligible.
- Announcement also advertised merit promotion: NHTSA.NPO-2014-0006.
- Announcement may be used to fill similar positions within 30 days.
QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:Back to top
To meet the minimum qualifications for this position, you must meet the specialized experience requirements.
Applicants must meet all qualification requirements by the closing date of this announcement.
|LEVEL||To qualify, you must have at least one year of specialized experience equal or equivalent to the following:|
- Experience in budget formulation and execution, program analysis and evaluation, and program performance assessment in a highly technical environment.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- SELECTIVE SERVICE: Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered for Selective Service.
- RELOCATION EXPENSES: Are not authorized for this position.
- GOVERNMENT TRAVEL CARD REQUIREMENT: You must be able to obtain and retain a Government contractor-issued travel card to be used for official business as a condition of employment. If unable to obtain and/or retain a card, you may be subject to removal. Those who fail to meet this condition of employment will have our offer of employment rescinded.
- DEU REQUIREMENTS: Applicants selected under delegated examining procedures may be required to successfully complete a one-year probationary period (unless already completed).
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
If you meet the qualification requirements, your application will be placed in one of four categories: Platinum, Gold, Silver or Bronze, which is based upon your responses to the vacancy questions. Within these categories, applicants eligible for veteran's preference that have provided supporting documents will receive selection priority over non-veterans. The top rated applications will be reviewed for the quality of your experience, education and training relevant to the position. If your resume does not support the specialized experience or if your application does not support your answers to the Vacancy Specific Questions, your final rating may be modified and/or you may be disqualified from consideration.
To preview questions please click here.
HOW TO APPLY:Back to top
You must submit a complete application package (including resume, vacancy questions and supporting documents)no later than midnight Eastern Time on the closing date of the announcement.
If you are having difficulty applying online, please contact the DOT Automated Staffing Office during regular business hours (8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. ET) at (202) 366-1298. You may also email us at Transjobs@dot.gov
- To begin, click the "Apply Online" button on the job posting.
- Follow the directions to register, submit all required documents and complete the assessment questionnaire.
- You may review your saved application(s) at https://my.usajobs.gov.
The following documents must be provided by the closing date:
Failure to submit any of the required documents by the closing date of the vacancy will result in your removal from consideration for this position.
- RESUME: Showing relevant experience and education and fully supporting the required specialized experience.
- COMPLETED QUESTIONNAIRE.
- TRANSCRIPTS: If you are SUBSTITUTING EDUCATION FOR EXPERIENCE, you must submit a copy of your college transcript.
- VETERANS: In order to be considered as preference eligible, you must submit a copy of your Certificate of Release or Discharge From Active Duty, DD214. Your DD-214 must show the type of discharge and dates of active duty. If you are claiming compensably disabled preference eligible, you must submit a copy of your DD214; an Application for 10-point Veteran's Preference, SF15; and the proof of entitlement of this preference which is normally an official statement, dated 1991 or later, from the Department of Veterans Affairs certifying to the present existence of the service-connected disability and indicating the percentage of your disability. Without this documentation, you will not receive veteran's preference. Additional information on veterans' preference is available in the Vet's Guide at: http://www.fedshirevets.gov/hire/hrp/vetguide/index.aspx
- SPECIAL APPOINTING AUTHORITY DOCUMENTS: If requesting concurrent consideration for: http://www.opm.gov/hr_practitioners/lawsregulations/appointingauthorities/index.asp#AppointmentsLeading Noncompetitive Non-competitive (NC) appointment eligibility, (e.g. military spouse or persons with disabilities), you must provide appropriate supporting documentation such as PCS orders describing move & marriage certificate; letter from VA or DD214 describing 100% disability of spouse; letter from State Vocational Office certifying disability, etc. For more information, visit http://www.fedshirevets.gov/hire/hrp/qaspouse/index.aspx military spouse NC appointments or http://www.opm.gov/disability/PeopleWithDisabilities.asp" Persons with Disabilities NC appointments. Documents are only required if requesting non-competitive consideration.
- DISPLACED EMPLOYEE PLACEMENT DOCUMENTS: - Only required if requesting priority consideration under https: www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/workforce-restructuring/employee-guide-to-career-transition/ctap_guideline.pdf</A>. You must submit ALL of the FOLLOWING: your most recent performance appraisal, the proof of eligibility letter from the Agency and your most current SF-50, displaying current series and grade. To receive priority consideration, you MUST be deemed well qualified for this vacancy (falling in the Gold Category).
WHAT TO EXPECT NEXT:
You may check your application status by logging into your USAJOBS account. Within two weeks of the closing date, your application will be reviewed and rated. Ratings will be determined based on the documents and information received by the closing date. The most highly qualified candidates will be referred to the hiring manager for further consideration. If you are selected for an interview, the hiring manager will contact you directly. Once a hiring decision is made, we will notify all applicants of their final status.