Job Title:Budget Officer - GS - 0560 - 15 (Open to Status and VEOA Applicants) - BP
Department:Department Of Transportation
Agency:National Highway Traffic Safety Administration
Job Announcement Number:NHTSA.NPO-2014-0006
This position is closed and no longer accepting online applications through USAJOBS.
The contents of the announcement can still be viewed.
/ Per Year|
|Wednesday, February 19, 2014 to
Friday, February 28, 2014|
SERIES & GRADE:
|Full Time - -
|1 vacancy -
Washington DC, DC View Map|
WHO MAY APPLY:
Current or former federal employees with status OR
Veterans eligible under VEOA
If you are NOT a status employee or VEOA eligible, you may wish to apply under announcement NHTSA.NPO-2014-0007, which is open to all U.S. Citizens.
About the Agency
As the Budget Officer, you will report directly to the Associate Administrator for Planning, Administrative and Financial Management (AA for PAFM). You will provide executive leadership in management of the agency-wide budget and related financial activities. You will also provide direction and guidance to senior staff members to accomplish objectives and effect management improvements needed to implement policies and programmatic initiatives of the Chief Financial Officer (CFO) and the AA for PAFM. You will develop a comprehensive budget program for NHTSA and lead NHTSA's efforts in all aspects of this program, including program planning, budget formulation, budget justification, funds control,
budget execution analysis and reporting, and budget systems administration and operation. You will represent the AA in meetings, discussions, and decision making forums within the Department and with Governmental agencies and representatives from Congress and other
external organizations. Additionally, you will advise NHTSA executives, the CFO, Deputy CFO and others on budgetary matters from an agency-wide perspective.
NHTSA is looking for an experienced Budget Officer with expertise in overseeing all aspects of the budget formulation, justification and execution of all the funds. The ideal candidate should have experience overseeing the management of an agency’s budget analysts, ensuring all information is accurate, timely and is consistent OMB budget guidance. Experience advising agency executives on managing the budget is a must also.
- You must be a status candidate and meet specialized experience.
- Submit application and resume online by 11:59 PM EST on the closing date.
- Provide all required documents by closing date.
- Position is telework eligible.
- Announcement also advertised to U.S. Citizens: NHTSA.NPO-2014-0007.
- Announcement may be used to fill similar positions within 30 days.
QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:Back to top
To meet the minimum qualifications for this position, you must meet the specialized experience requirements.
Applicants must meet all qualification requirements by the closing date of this announcement.
|LEVEL||To qualify, you must have at least one year of specialized experience equal or equivalent to the following:|
- Experience in budget formulation and execution, program analysis and evaluation, and program performance assessment in a highly technical environment.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- SELECTIVE SERVICE: Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered for Selective Service.
- PROBATIONARY PERIOD: You must complete a one-year probationary period (unless already completed).
- RELOCATION EXPENSES: Are not authorized for this position.
- GOVERNMENT TRAVEL CARD REQUIREMENT: You must be able to obtain and retain a Government contractor-issued travel card to be used for official business as a condition of employment. If unable to obtain and/or retain a card, you may be subject to removal. Those who fail to meet this condition of employment will have our offer of employment rescinded.
- TIME-IN-GRADE REQUIREMENT: Federal applicants must have served 52 weeks at the next lower grade to satisfy time-in-grade requirements contained in 5 CFR 300, Subpart F.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
The Automated Staffing Office is ultimately responsible for determining your final rating. Please ensure that your resume and application provide enough detail to support your answers to the Vacancy Specific Questions. Your application will be rated on the extent and quality of your experience, education and training relevant to the position. Your answers to the Vacancy Specific questions, your self-determined rating, resume and supporting documentation are reviewed. If your resume and supporting documents do not support your answers to the Vacancy Specific Questions, your final rating may be modified.
To preview questions please click here.
HOW TO APPLY:Back to top
You must submit a complete application package (including resume, vacancy questions and supporting documents)no later than midnight Eastern Time on the closing date of the announcement.
If you are having difficulty applying online, please contact the DOT Automated Staffing Office during regular business hours (8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. ET) at (202) 366-1298. You may also email us at Transjobs@dot.gov.
- To begin, click the "Apply Online" button on the job posting.
- Follow the directions to register, submit all required documents and complete the assessment questionnaire.
- You may review your saved application(s) at https://my.usajobs.gov.
The following documents must be provided by the closing date:
Failure to submit any of the required documents by the closing date of the vacancy will result in your removal from consideration for this position.
- RESUME - Showing relevant experience and education and fully supporting the required specialized experience.
- COMPLETED QUESTIONNAIRE.
- SF-50 - Which verifies grade, full performance level of position, and eligibility for consideration as a status applicant
- DD214: verifying military service and eligibility for consideration.
- SPECIAL APPOINTING AUTHORITY DOCUMENTS - If requesting concurrent consideration for Non-competitive (NC) appointment eligibility (e.g. military spouse or persons with disabilities), you must provide appropriate supporting documentation such as PCS orders describing move & marriage certificate; letter from VA or DD214 describing 100% disability of spouse; letter from State Vocational Office certifying disability, etc. For more information, visit military spouse NC appointments or Persons with Disabilities NC appointments. Documents are only required if requesting non-competitive consideration.
- DISPLACED EMPLOYEE PLACEMENT DOCUMENTS: - Only required if requesting priority consideration under https: www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/workforce-restructuring/employee-guide-to-career-transition/ctap_guideline.pdf</A>. You must submit ALL of the FOLLOWING: your most recent performance appraisal, the proof of eligibility letter from the Agency and your most current SF-50, displaying current series and grade. To receive priority consideration, you MUST be deemed well qualified for this vacancy (falling in the Gold Category).
WHAT TO EXPECT NEXT:
You may check your application status by logging into your USAJOBS account. Within two weeks of the closing date, your application will be reviewed and rated. Ratings will be determined based on the documents and information received by the closing date. The most highly qualified candidates will be referred to the hiring manager for further consideration. If you are selected for an interview, the hiring manager will contact you directly. Once a hiring decision is made, we will notify all applicants of their final status.