Job Title:Contract Specialist Recent Graduate Vets 2 Feds (V2F) Program
Agency:Environmental Protection Agency
Job Announcement Number:RTP-R4-OT-2014-0002
The contents of the announcement can still be viewed.
|$40,939.00 to $65,097.00 / Per Year|
|Wednesday, February 19, 2014 to Wednesday, March 05, 2014|
SERIES & GRADE:
|Full-time - Recent Graduates - Permanent|
|1 vacancy -
Atlanta, GA View Map|
WHO MAY APPLY:
|U.S. citizens who have completed all course requirements for a qualifying degree within the preceding two years, as described below.|
|Public Trust - Background Investigation|
If you are interested in a contracting career, this job is for you! You will learn to act as a business consultant to program managers, advising them on critical decisions in planning for and acquiring the goods and services needed so the United States Government can accomplish its mission.
The Vets to Feds (V2F) Career Development Program in Contracting is a program designed to recruit and support the development of our nation's veterans for careers with the Federal Government.
Additional information on who may apply:
- Individuals who have completed all course requirements for a qualifying associates, bachelors, masters, professional, doctorate, vocational or technical degree or certificate from a qualifying educational institution or technical education program within the preceding two years may apply. The two years begins on the date all course requirements are met, rather than the graduation date.
*NOTE: Any individual who completed his or her educational requirements between December 27, 2010, and the effective date of the final Pathways regulation (July 10, 2012) will have 2 years from the effective date of the regulation to apply to this Recent Graduates Program.
- Preference eligible veterans unable to apply within two years of receiving their degree due to military service obligation may apply up to six years after degree or certification.
This is a Recent Graduates position in the Pathways Program. This program provides an entry-level developmental experience with the potential to lead to a career in the Federal Government after successfully completing one year under the Program, unless the training requirements of the position warrant a longer and more structured training program. Employment under the Recent Graduates Program may not exceed two years. Candidates who complete the requirements for the program may transition non-competitively into the fulltime positions — in one of the Federal Government's most mission critical occupations.
More information about the Recent Graduates Program can be found here: http://www.usajobs.gov/StudentsAndGrads and http://www.opm.gov/HiringReform/Pathways/program/graduates/
This position is located in Region 4, Office of Policy and Management, Grants and Acquisition Management Branch, Acquisition Management Section.
For more information on this office, visit their website: http://www2.epa.gov/aboutepa/about-epa-region-4-southeast
- You must be a U.S. citizen.
- If you are selected, a pre-employment background check is required.
- You must submit resume and required documents(See How to Apply)
- EPA and non-EPA applicants must submit transcripts/course listings.
- If you are selected, a written participant agreement must be signed.
- Position has portable work and selectee may be eligible to telework.