Job Title:Contract Specialist - Vets 2 Feds Program
Department:Department Of Energy
Agency:Department of Energy
Job Announcement Number:DOE-NETL-14-MP-020
This position is closed and no longer accepting online applications through USAJOBS.
The contents of the announcement can still be viewed.
/ Per Year|
|Wednesday, February 19, 2014 to
Wednesday, March 05, 2014|
SERIES & GRADE:
|This is a full-time position. -
This is a permanent position.|
|1 vacancy in the following location(s):|
Pittsburgh, PA View Map
Morgantown, WV View Map
WHO MAY APPLY:
|Veterans who are eligible under the Veterans Recruitment Appointment (VRA) Authority|
|Public Trust - Background Investigation|
About the Agency
The Vets 2 Feds (V2F) Career Development Program for Contracting is designed to meet the needs of Agencies and recruit and support the development of our Nation's Veterans for contracting careers with the Federal Government.
A successful candidate in this position will perform developmental or recurring assignments in support of the Acquisition and Assistance Division's preaward and postaward functions and follow overall plans designed to obtain necessary resources in the most economical, timely, effective, and efficient manner for DOE/NETL.
- Occasional Travel
- Occasional travel is required for this position and may include travel between all NETL locations.
- You must be a United States Citizen.
- This employer participates in the e-Verify program.
- See "Other Information" section regarding Selective Service requirements.
QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:Back to top
A qualified candidate must possess a 4-year course of study leading to a Bachelor's degree with a major in any field OR at least 24 semester hours in any combination of the following fields; accounting, business, finance, law, contracts, purchasing, economics, industrial management, marketing, quantitative methods, or organization and management.
ADDITIONAL QUALIFICATIONS REQUIREMENTS
Your resume should demonstrate that you possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities (KSAs). Do not provide a separate narrative written statement. Rather, you must describe in your application how your past work experience demonstrates that you possess the KSAs identified below. Cite specific examples of employment or experience contained in your resume and describe how this experience has prepared you to successfully perform the duties of this position. DO NOT write "see resume" in your application!
You must meet all qualifications and eligibility requirements by the closing date of this announcement.
- Knowledge and skill to draw conclusions and make recommendations by analyzing facts and making comparisons.
- Knowledge of business arithmetic sufficient to compare prices on recurring procurements.
- Ability to present factual information, compose memoranda and meeting minutes, draft letters, and draft procurement provisions and supporting documents.
EDUCATION: Education requirements for Contracting Series, 1102 can be viewed at OPM's website here.
You must provide documentation supporting your education claims. Education must be obtained from an accredited institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Foreign education must be reviewed by an organization recognized by the U.S. Department of Education. For special instructions pertaining to foreign education and a list of organizations that can evaluate foreign education, see the Department of Education website.
This position is a DOE Acquisition Position in the Contracting field. To read more about the Department of Energy Acquisition Career Development Program visit this website. It is a contracting Level I position. If selected, you must meet Level I Federal Acquisition Contracting-Certification (FAC-C) requirements within 18 months of date of hire.
This position is in the bargaining unit.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
We will review your application to ensure you meet the job requirements.
If you meet the qualifications requirements and are found to be among the top candidates, your application will be referred to the selecting official for further review. Veterans preference will be applied.
If your resume is incomplete or does not support the responses in your online questionnaire, or if you fail to submit required documentation before the vacancy closes, you may be rated 'ineligible', 'not qualified', or your score may be adjusted.
To preview questions please click here.
HOW TO APPLY:Back to top
To be considered for this position, you must submit a complete application no later than 11:59pm (Eastern Time) on the closing date of this announcement. If you fail to submit a complete application prior to the closing time (regardless of when you started) the application system will not allow you to finish. Requests for extensions will not be granted, so please begin the application process allowing yourself enough time to finish before the deadline. Our application system displays a countdown timer in the top-left corner of the screen for your reference. Steps to submit a complete application:
If your resume does not support the responses in your application questionnaire, or if you fail to submit required documentation before the vacancy closes, you may be rated 'ineligible', 'not qualified', or your score may be adjusted accordingly.Steps to modify or withdraw your application:
- You must have a USAJOBS account and be logged in.
- You must have a completed resume. (Please note that some DOE offices do not accept uploaded resumes and require that you have a completed resume within your USAJOBS profile using the Resume Builder).
- Once you are logged in and all of your application materials ready, click the 'Apply Now' button.
- You must respond to all applicant assessment questions, carefully following all instructions provided.
- You will then be asked to upload additional supporting documentation, which may include (but is not limited to) transcripts, portfolio samples, certifications, and verification of veteran status.
- IMPORTANT: In the final step of the application process you will be shown a copy of your resume and all the information you entered during the application process. You must click the 'Finish' button at the bottom of this final page and receive confirmation that your application has been received. If you do not click 'Finish', your application will not be received.
- Return to USAJOBS and log in.
- In the "My Account" screen, click "Application Status" in the left-hand column.
- You will see a table list of all the jobs you've applied to, click on the title of the application you want to modify.
- If the announcement is still open the button which normally says "Apply Now" will instead say "Edit Application", click that button. (If you want to withdraw your application from consideration after the closing date, contact the HR Specialist listed on the announcement.)
- You will be directed to the application where you can make changes or you can click "Withdraw Application" to delete your application.
- If you experience any difficulties with the application process (anything after you have clicked the Apply Now button), please contact the HR Specialist listed on this announcement between normal business hours.
- If you are having trouble with USAJOBS (searching for jobs, account profile issues, or Resume Builder help, please visit the USAJOBS Resource Center or e-mail USAJOBS3.email@example.com.
- If you are experiencing a significant hardship which hinders your ability to apply online please contact the HR Specialist listed on this announcement during normal business hours.
Please carefully review the following list to determine what documentation you need to submit. Some documents may not apply to all applicants.
If you are unsure, click the link for each document type to read more.
WHAT TO EXPECT NEXT:
After each step in the recruitment process, your status will be updated in USAJOBS. You can review your status in USAJOBS at any time. You may also elect to receive status updates via e-mail by changing the notification settings in your USAJOBS profile. Please check that your USAJOBS profile contact information is current and correct each time you apply to a job--this will ensure we are able to contact you as quickly as possible.