Recommended Method for Submitting Your Materials:
To apply for this position, you must complete and submit the documentation specified in Required Documents.
You must submit a complete application package by 11:59 p.m. Eastern Standard/Daylight Savings Time on the closing date of the announcement. Failure to provide all required documents will result in you not being considered for employment.
· To begin, click Apply Online to create a USAJOBS account or log in to your existing account. Follow the prompts to select your USAJOBS resume and/or other supporting documents and complete the occupational questionnaire.
· Click the Submit My Answers button to submit your application package.
· It is your responsibility to ensure your responses and appropriate documentation is submitted prior to the closing date.
· To verify your application is complete, log into your USAJOBS account, https://my.usajobs.gov/Account/Login, select the Application Status link and then select the more information link for this position. The Details page will display the status of your application, the documentation received and processed, and any correspondence the agency has sent related to this application. Your uploaded documents may take several hours to clear the virus scan process.
· To return to an incomplete application, log into your USAJOBS account and click Update Application in the vacancy announcement. You must re-select your resume and/or other documents from your USAJOBS account or your application will be incomplete.
Faxing Applications or Supporting Documents:
You are encouraged to apply online. Applying online will allow you to review and track the status of your application.
If you submitted the application online and are unable to upload supporting document(s) please follow the steps below:
1. To fax your documents, you must use the following cover page http://staffing.opm.gov/pdf/usascover.pdf and provide the required information. The Vacancy ID is [GK1053225].
2. Fax your documents to 1-478-757-3144.
If you cannot complete the Application Package online, you may fax all of your materials. The complete application package must be submitted by 11:59 PM (EST) on the closing date of the announcement to receive consideration. Keep a copy of your fax confirmation in the event verification is needed.
Resumes/Applications and supporting documentation will NOT be accepted by mail. Should you need assistance please contact the individual identified in this announcement at least 2 days prior to the closing date.
You can apply for a non-competitive appointment if meet the basic eligibility requirements and you are eligible for special appointment such as those authorized for the severely disabled Schedule A eligible (Note: for additional information for those with disabilities, see the website, https://www.opm.gov/disability). You must provide supporting documents in order to receive consideration. If you are interested in being considered under this special authority, please fax your complete application package to the EEOC at (202) 663-4324, Attn: Disabilities Program Manager.
The EEOC provides reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you need reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please notify the EEOCs Disability Program Manager by e-mail at DisabilityProgramManager@eeoc.gov or by telephone at (202) 663-4339. The decision on granting reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
Special Employment Consideration:
Persons with disabilities, disabled veterans who have a compensable service-connected disability of 30% or more, certain other veterans, and returning Peace Corps volunteer are examples of individuals who are potentially eligible for a non-competitive appointment. For further information click here http://www.opm.gov/strategic_management_of_human_capital/fhfrc/default.asp. If you are eligible and would like to be considered for one of these noncompetitive appointments, please indicate the type of appointment you are seeking on your application and follow all other instructions for applying shown above.
Veteran's Preference in Hiring:
There is no formal rating system for applying veteran's preference to attorney appointments in the excepted service; however, the EEOC considers veterans' preference eligibility as a positive factor in attorney hiring. Applicants eligible for veteran's preference must include that information in their cover letter or resume and attach supporting documentation (e.g. the DD-214, Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active duty and other supporting documentation) to their submissions.