In order to qualify, you must meet the education and/or experience requirements described below. Your resume must clearly describe your relevant experience; if qualifying based on education, your transcripts will be required as part of your application. Additional information about transcripts is in this document.
Experience required: To qualify based on your work experience, your resume must describe at least one year of experience which prepared you to do the work in this job. Specialized experience is defined as: receiving and reviewing maintenance work requests for accuracy, operating office automation equipment to input transactions, compiling data to create reports, processing forms, maintaining and updating data files or researching information.
This position requires a qualified typist. A qualified typist can type 40 words per minute based on a 5 minute sample with three or fewer errors.
You will be evaluated on the basis of your level of competency (knowledge, skills, abilities) in the following areas:
KNOWLEDGE OF AUTOMATED SYSTEMS
ABILITY TO RESEARCH AND ANALYZE
SKILL IN ORAL COMMUNICATION
Some federal jobs allow you to substitute your education for the required experience in order to qualify. For this job, you may qualify if your education meets the definitions below:
1) Education alone: Education may be substituted for specialized experience with 4 years of education above high school.
2) Combination of education and specialized experience: A combination of education and specialized experience may be used to qualify for this position as long as the computed percentage of the requirements is at least 100%. To compute the percentage of the requirements, divide your total months of qualifying experience by 12. Then divide your semester hours of undergraduate education in excess of 2 years by 60. Add the 2 percentages. Note: For the purpose of qualifications, 1 full year of undergraduate education is equivalent to 30 semester hours.
Only degrees from an accredited college or university recognized by the Department of Education are acceptable to meet positive education requirements or to substitute for experience. For additional information, please go to the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) and U.S. Department of Education websites at http://www.opm.gov/qualifications and http://www.ed.gov/admins/finaid/accred/index.html
Foreign education must be evaluated for U.S. equivalency in order to be considered for this position. You must include this information with your application package.
Other Requirements: Click here for expanded definitions.
- Male applicants born after December 31, 1959 must complete a Pre-Employment Certification Statement for Selective Service Registration.
- You will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship.
- One year probationary period may be required.
- Direct Deposit of Pay is Required.
- Defense National Relocation Program (DNRP) will not be authorized.
This position offers a $3000 recruitment bonus to individuals who are newly appointed as civilians in the Federal Government. You are considered newly appointed if this is your first appointment as a civilian employee in the Federal Government or if you have a minimum of a 90-day break in service from a previous Federal civilian position. You may qualify with a break in service of less than 90 days only if your previous Federal civilian appointment was a time-limited or not permanent appointment. Your recruitment bonus will be made in two payments. You receive the first payment when you enter on duty, and you receive the second payment on your first anniversary. To accept this recruitment bonus, you are required to make a two year service obligation to the Army Reserve Military Technician Program.
New Army Reserve Military Technicians may be authorized moving expenses to their first official duty station. To be eligible to receive moving expenses, you must be a newly appointed Federal civilian employee or have a minimum of a 3 day break in service from previous Federal civilian employment.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Your application package (resume, supporting documents, and responses to the questionnaire) will be used to determine your eligibility, qualifications, and quality ranking for this position. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating or consideration for employment.
Basis for Rating: Qualified candidates will be assigned to one of three quality categories: Best Qualified, Highly Qualified and Qualified. Veteran preference eligibles are listed ahead of non-preference eligibles within each quality category.
Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP). If you are a Federal employee in the competitive service and your agency has notified you in writing that you are a displaced employee eligible for ICTAP consideration, you may receive selection priority. See Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP) for more information. Additional information about the program is on OPM's Career Transition Resources website.