About the Agency
The Smithsonian Institution values and seeks a diverse workforce. Join us in "Inspiring Generations through Knowledge and Discovery."
- Provides leadership in the development of a multigenerational maker space, oversees its staffing and works with curatorial and emerging media teams to program the space.
- Works with curators, education and emerging media teams to develop interpretive support for visitors for both collection-based and temporary exhibitions including but not limited to systems of interpretative information, audio, website content, in-gallery learning spaces, etc.
- Initiates and oversees research and evaluation projects focused on visitor experience and interpretive resources in collaboration with other departments.
- Establishes interpretive guidelines for the Museum that foster best practices in the field and reflect Cooper-Hewitt's new mission.
- Works with the education staff to develop interpretative materials for exhibitions and collections, reviewing, revising and augmenting materials as installations and staff change.
- Oversees the development of educational programs, selecting staff, both paid and volunteer, to carry out these programs. Creates programs to enable the general public and professional sin the design field to use the Museum and its resources.
- Supervises staff to assure that all educational activities within the Museum are coordinated in order to achieve maximum effectiveness and avoid duplication in effect and presentation.