About the Agency
Reclamation is a contemporary water management agency. Reclamation is best known for Hoover Dam on the Colorado River, Grand Coulee Dam on the Columbia River and Folsom Dam on the American River. Today we are the largest wholesaler of water in the country and the second largest producer of hydroelectric power in the western United States. Visit: http://www.usbr.gov. View our DVD titled "Traditions, Talent, and Teamwork" at: http://www.usbr.gov/pmts/hr/video/.
Reclamation is seeking a career professional looking for an opportunity to capitalize on his/her expertise as a Civil Engineer. You can make a difference in the West by assisting in meeting increasing water demands while protecting the environment.
Would you enjoy serving as a Civil Engineer responsible for developing and coordinating engineering information related to construction design data and/or design changes and contract administration? Here is a great opportunity to join a great organization with stellar growth potential!
LOCATION: UPPER COLORADO REGION, FOUR CORNERS CONSTRUCTION OFFICE, OFFICE ENGINEERING DIVISION, DESIGN GROUP; DUTY STATIONED IN FARMINGTON, NEW MEXICO. For living conditions in Farmington, NM go to: http://www.farmingtonnm.org/.
In this position, the incumbent will:
- Develop and assemble design data and estimates for proposed features;
- Prepare and/or review preliminary design data and estimates, topographic maps, aerial photographs, etc., for compliance with goals and objectives;
- Prepare and/or review final construction specifications;
- Monitor the progress of the design process;
- Prepare final designs for project features to be constructed which may include drawings, sketches, computations, etc.;
- Prepare and review construction and project cost estimates;
- Develop statements of work and contract specifications for assigned project features;
- Administer assigned contracts and agreements, and monitor contractors' performance and progress;
- Coordinate with regional staff in determining the land or land interest required for acquisition.
These duties are NOT all inclusive