Candidates must possess broad and progressive experience in an attorney position that involves novel and/or complex legal questions and expertise as a legal advisor/litigator. This experience must have been at a major management level (normally equivalent to the GS-15 level in the Federal government).
All applicants MUST address each of the Mandatory Technical Qualifications (MTQs) and Executive Core Qualifications (ECQs) when applying on line. Responses to ECQs MUST not exceed 10 pages. For additional guidance, applicants may visit the Office Of Personnel Management's Guide to Senior Executive Service Qualifications located at www.opm.gov/ses/references/GuidetoSESQuals_2010.pdf. Applicants are encouraged to follow the Challenge, Context, Action, and Result model outlined in the Guide. Current/Former Career SES or SES Candidate Development Program graduates who have been certified by OPM MUST address the MTQ's, but need not address the ECQs. In order to successfully complete the online application process you MUST input the term, "noncompetitive eligible" in the text boxes for each of the ECQs. You MUST submit a Standard Form 50 that documents your SES Career appointment or a copy of your OPM approved SES Candidate Development Program certificate.
EXECUTIVE CORE QUALIFICATIONS (ECQs):
1. Leading Change: This core qualification involves the ability to bring about strategic change, both within and outside the organization, to meet organizational goals. Inherent to this ECQ is the ability to establish an organizational vision and to implement it in a continuously changing environment.
2. Leading People: This core qualification involves the ability to lead people toward meeting the organization's vision, mission, and goals. Inherent to this ECQ is the ability to provide an inclusive workplace that fosters the development of others, facilitates cooperation and teamwork, and supports constructive resolution of conflicts.
3. Results Driven: This core qualification involves the ability to meet organizational goals and customer expectations. Inherent to this ECQ is the ability to make decisions that produce high-quality results by applying technical knowledge, analyzing problems, and calculating risks.
4. Business Acumen: This core qualification involves the ability to manage human, financial, and information resources strategically.
5. Building Coalitions: This core qualification involves the ability to build coalitions internally and with other Federal agencies, State and local governments, nonprofit and private sector organizations, foreign governments, or international organizations to achieve common goals.MANDATORY TECHNICAL REQUIREMENTS (MTQs): In addition to the ECQs above, qualified applicants must possess the following four (4) technical qualifications, which represent the experience required to perform the duties of this position. Proficiency in these technical qualifications MUST be clearly evident in your application package. MTQs include:
1.Knowledge of relevant or comparable areas of law as demonstrated by significant federal court and/or administrative trial litigation.
2. Demonstrated ability to identify, analyze, and resolve novel and/or complex legal issues having significant policy and programmatic implications. This includes the ability to effectively present such issues, orally and in writing.
3. Successful experience in managing and leading a legal office, component or significant team; demonstrating competencies such as effective recruitment and development of staff, efficient use of human, fiscal, informational and material resources, effective internal and external communication, problem solving and decision making.
4. Demonstrated ability to collaborate with components across the organization as well as with other government agencies to produce results.
Applicants must have and submit documentation of a professional law degree (L.L.B., J.D., LL.M) from an accredited U. S. law school and active membership in good standing in the bar of a state, territory of the United States, the District of Columbia or Commonwealth of Puerto Rico. The Department of Labor does not recognize academic degrees from schools that are not accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U. S. Department of Education. Any applicant falsely claiming an academic degree from an accredited school will be subject to actions ranging from disqualification from Federal employment to removal from Federal service.
The Department of Labor does not recognize academic degrees from schools that are not accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the Department of Education. Any applicant falsely claiming an academic degree from an accredited school will be subject to actions ranging from disqualification from federal employment to removal from federal service.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Candidates will be evaluated based upon their qualifications. In addition, applicants will be evaluated based upon their responses to the Mandatory Technical Qualifications (MTQs) and Executive Core Qualifications (ECQs).
To preview questions please click here.