If you are looking for an exciting and challenging career, this is the position for you! With a diverse and talented workforce of over 100,000 men and women, Justice leads the Nation in ensuring the protection of all Americans while preserving their constitutional freedoms. You will be part of a dedicated team helping to enforce Federal criminal and civil laws that protect life, liberty and the property of citizens.
The United States Attorneys Office is a great place to work. The Department of Justice ranked #5 out of 33 large Federal cabinet agencies and the Executive United States Attorneys Office/United States Attorneys Offices ranked #55 out of 240 agency subcomponents in a study, "The Best Places to Work in the Federal Government, 2013 Ratings" published by the Partnership for Public Service. See www.bestplacestowork.org..
For more information on the Department of Justice and the United States Attorneys Offices, visit http://www.justice.gov/usao/.
As needed, additional positions may be filled using this announcement.
This position is also being announced to applicants eligible to apply through Merit Staffing procedures under Vacancy Number: 14-PAM-1052066-MS
To view the entire announcement, including instructions on how to apply, click on tabs above.
If selected for this position, you will join a well-respected team that is responsible for providing information technology (IT) support for the United States Attorney's Office (USAO). Typical work assignments will include:
- Managing and administering a wide range of IT support technology to meet USAO information needs, utilizing network hardware and software capabilities;
- Performing network diagnostics and resolving network problems;
- Planning and scheduling the installation of new or modified hardware, operating systems and applications software, working closely with customers to insure seamless installation and minimize installation problems;
- Resolving hardware/software interface and interoperability problems. Optimizing systems performance and identifies components to improve overall systems performance;
- Ensuring the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of systems, networks, and data through the planning, analysis, development, implementation, maintenance, and enhancement of information systems security programs, policies, procedures, and tools;
Responsibilities will increase and assignments will become more complex as your training and experience progress.
- Occasional Travel
- Limited Travel - to branch offices for training.