All qualification requirements must be met by the closing date of this announcement.
Qualifying experience may be obtained in the private or public sector. Qualifying education must have been obtained from an accredited college or university recognized by the U.S. Department of Education. Additional information on qualification requirements is outlined in the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) Qualifications Standards Handbook of General Schedule Positions. It is available for your review in our office, in other federal agency personnel offices and on OPMs website at http://www.opm.gov/qualifications.
SK-16: Applicant must have at least one year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS/SK-14 level that includes experience analyzing findings and making recommendations to enhance the effectiveness of programs and operations; facilitating process improvement activities using Lean Six Sigma (LSS) or similar continuous process improvement strategies; developing life cycle cost analyses of projects, or performing cost benefit or economic evaluations of current or projected programs; and project management experience while serving as a project manager and creating; improving and overseeing a project management office.
1. This is a Temp Appointment not-to-exceed 4 years. Application procedures are specific to this vacancy announcement. Please read all the instructions carefully. Failure to follow the instructions may result in you not being considered for this position.
2. Supplementary vacancies may be filled in addition to the number stated in this announcement.
3. This position has promotion potential to the SK-16.
4. PROBATIONARY PERIOD: This appointment may require completion of a one-year probationary period.
5. SECURITY CLEARANCE: Entrance on duty is contingent upon completion of a pre-employment security investigation. Favorable results on a Background Investigation may be a condition of employment or selection to another position.
6. PERMANENT CHANGE OF STATION (PCS): Moving/Relocation expenses are not authorized.
7. DIRECT DEPOSIT: All Federal employees are required to have Federal salary payments made by direct deposit to a financial institution of their choosing.
8. This position is not in the collective bargaining unit.
Information for Veterans: You may be eligible to receive preference in appointment. For more information please visit: http://www.fedshirevets.gov/job/vetpref/index.aspx.
Surplus or Displaced Federal Employees: For information on how to apply through the Interagency Career Transition Assistance program (ICTAP) see http://www.opm.gov/rif/employee_guides/career_transition.asp#ictap. To exercise selection priority for this vacancy, displaced Federal employees must meet the Well Qualified criteria of the rating scale for this position.
Disability Employment: For information on disability appointments please visit: http://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/disability-employment/
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
We will review your resume and supporting documentation to determine if you meet the minimum qualifications for the position. If you meet the minimum qualifications stated in the vacancy announcement, we will compare your resume and supporting documentation to your responses on the scored occupational questionnaire. Your resume must support your responses to the scored occupational questionnaire. If it is determined you meet minimum qualification requirements, your application will then be placed in one of three categories: Highly Qualified, Well Qualified, or Qualified. Within these categories, applicants eligible for Veterans' Preference will receive selection priority over non-veteran preference eligibles.
You will be rated on the following Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs):
· Ability to apply analytical and evaluative methods and techniques for assessing program development or execution, and improving organizational effectiveness and efficiency.
· Knowledge and experience with a broad range of planning and process improvement techniques including project management, and creating and improving a project management office.
· Ability to simultaneously oversee, manage and coordinate a variety of programs or project assignments with a proven track record and demonstrated experience in generating cost savings, and improving projects and processes to make them more efficient and effective.
· Ability to communicate effectively and persuasively both verbally and/or in writing on a wide range of professional topics.
· Knowledge and experience in creating, improving, and streamlining business processes in a large, complex organization with demonstrated improvements in efficiency, effectiveness, and cost savings.
The Occupational Questionnaire will take you approximately 20 minutes to complete. To preview the Occupational Questionnaire, click the following link View Assessment Questions