About the Agency
The Smithsonian Institution values and seeks a diverse workforce. Join us in "Inspiring Generations through Knowledge and Discovery."
- Coordinates on-site inspections during construction and determines that all foundations, structural, mechanical/electrical, and architectural features are installed in compliance with contract plans and specifications.
- Applies contracting policies and procedures (federal, state, etc.) to help administer a variety of complex contracts (especially where coordination of multiple funding sources has been required).
- Compiles information necessary to formulate reports, presentations, or documentation for construction engineering assignments.
- Resolves unusual situations including structural, mechanical, electrical, civil and architectural. Troubleshoots construction problems that are unprecedented or present multidisciplinary consideration and need to be integrated into the design.
- Directs a team of representatives assigned to a project from inception through completion.