The Smithsonian Institution values and seeks a diverse workforce. Join us in "Inspiring Generations through Knowledge and Discovery."Learn more about this agency
- Coordinates on-site inspections during construction and determines that all foundations, structural, mechanical/electrical, and architectural features are installed in compliance with contract plans and specifications.
- Applies contracting policies and procedures (federal, state, etc.) to help administer a variety of complex contracts (especially where coordination of multiple funding sources has been required).
- Compiles information necessary to formulate reports, presentations, or documentation for construction engineering assignments.
- Resolves unusual situations including structural, mechanical, electrical, civil and architectural. Troubleshoots construction problems that are unprecedented or present multidisciplinary consideration and need to be integrated into the design.
- Directs a team of representatives assigned to a project from inception through completion.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…This position is open to all U.S. Citizens or U.S. Nationals. Note: Federal employees with permanent status or individuals eligible for special appointing authorities should apply to Job Announcement #14R-JC-299161-MPA-OFEO.
More than one selection may be made from this announcement.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/361668500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.