Minimum Requirements: Experience or training that has provided the candidate with the skill to remove and replace aircraft parts, accessories, and components, and to make adjustments and settings according to established specifications. Must be skilled in the use of hand tools and test equipment.
Specialized Experience: 18 months experience or training in functions such as loading and unloading aircraft; operating automated or manual materials handling and other loading equipment; or processing, scheduling, and maintaining records relating to passenger and cargo movement; experience supervising functions such as preparing aircraft load plans; loading and unloading aircraft; operating automated and manual materials handling equipment; and processing, scheduling, maintaining records on passenger movement by airlift.
Knowledge, skills, and abilities (KSAs) listed below will be used in the selection process. KSAs are important to the entire selection process and should be addressed specifically and completely within the resume'.
1. Knowledge of Air Terminal Operations Center (ATOC) functions and operation sufficient to plan, coordinate, facilitate, and expedite on-time movement of air cargo in accordance with applicable rules and regulations. Must maintain load planning qualification currency to plan and compute load distribution using automated programs, manual methods, and/or other weight and balance computation methods. JAI and JI qualifications/currency to identify through prescribed inspection processes problems to eliminate malfunctions that may affect the safety of aircraft/crew, to ensure a safe and proper drop of load from aircraft, and to insure items offered/accepted for transport by air meet proper specifications. School qualifications/currency as a rigger/parachute packer knowledgeable of proper rigging procedures and ability to rig loads for airdrop to include preparation/packing, and repair of parachutes utilized for these drops. Special handling currency qualifications and competency to handle, process, and ensure compatibility of hazardous materials being transported on aircraft.
2. Skill and ability to train traditional guard personnel in all aerial port functions.
3. Skill and ability to analyze and determine causes in malfunctions relating to aerialdrops.
4. Knowledge of drop zone control operations to direct and control drop zone operations.
5. Knowledge of and ability to receive, warehouse, process, and categorize cargo and to process related paperwork.
6. Ability to select and assemble aircraft loads, and to load and offload aircraft.
7. Ability to operate a variety of materials handling equipment (MHE) utilized in moving cargo within the air terminal and to transport cargo to and from the aircraft (i.e., 4-10K forklifts, 25-60K aircraft loaders, etc.).
8. Must have knowledge of and ability to perform fleet service responsibilities.
9. Knowledge of procedures and regulations governing processing and eligibility of passengers traveling on government owned/sponsored aircraft.
10. Knowledge of proper safety practices to perform all aerial port responsibilities in a safe manner and safety of flight and aircrew.
11. Knowledge of aircraft design, configuration, and limitations, obtains maximum utilization of space using automated programs such as Automated Air Load Planning System (AALPS).
Quality of Experience: Length of time is not of itself qualifying. Candidates experience should be evaluated on the basis of duties performed rather than strictly on the rank of the individual; however, established compatibility criteria/assignments must be followed. The applicants record of experience and/or training must show possession of the knowledge, skills and abilities needed to fully perform the duties of the position.
Military Assignment: Occupants of this position must maintain continuous military membership in the North Carolina Air National Guard (NCANG). Assignment to a compatible Enlisted position in the NCANG is mandatory. (AFSC: 2T2XX)
Security Clearance: Employment is subject to attaining and maintaining a security clearance as required by the position (ANACI minimum).
Direct Deposit: The applicant selected for this position will be required to participate in the Direct Deposit/Electronic Funds Transfer Program.
Other Requirements: For positions requiring the operation of motor vehicles, candidates must have a valid state drivers license.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Once the application process is complete, a review of your application will be made to ensure you meet the job requirements. To validate your qualifications for this job, a review of your résumé and supporting documentation will be made and compared against your responses to the occupational questionnaire. The rating you receive is based on your responses to the questionnaire and supporting documents. If, after reviewing your résumé and supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have misrepresented your qualifications and/or experience, your rating will be adjusted to more accurately reflect your abilities. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating.