Job Title:Supervisory Education Specialist
Job Announcement Number:14R-JW-299214-TRF-NASM
This position is closed and no longer accepting online applications through USAJOBS.
The contents of the announcement can still be viewed.
/ Per Year|
|Wednesday, February 12, 2014 to
Wednesday, February 26, 2014|
SERIES & GRADE:
|Full-Time, Permanent -
Indefinite Trust Appointment. This is not a Federal position.|
|1 vacancy in the following location:|
Washington DC, DC View Map
WHO MAY APPLY:
This position is open to all candidates eligible
to work in the United States.
|Public Trust - Background Investigation|
About the Agency
The Smithsonian Institution values and seeks a diverse workforce. Join us in "Inspiring Generations through Knowledge and Discovery."
- Pass Pre-employment Background Investigation
- May be required to serve an 18-month probationary period for supervisors.
- Maintain a Bank Account for Direct Deposit/Electronic Transfer
DUTIES:Back to top
*Directs major programming efforts for the Education Department, leading staff, interns, volunteers and contractors to ensure programming consistent with museum’s strategic plan, tactical plans and themes.
*Proposes new projects and initiatives to support the education mission of the Museum and position the National Air and Space Museum as a national leader in museum education.
*Works with strategic, creative, and technical teams with focus on using digital media to support the education mission of the museum.
*Produces programs for simultaneous live audiences and broadcast, as well as online courses, webinars, and videos.
*Coordinates various aspects of production, such as audio work, scenes, music, timing, and camera work.
QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:Back to top
You must meet these Basic Education
- Degree: that included or was supplemented by major study in education or in a subject-matter field appropriate to the position.
- Combination of education and experience -- courses equivalent to a major in education, or in a subject-matter field appropriate to the position, plus appropriate experience or additional course work that provided knowledge comparable to that normally acquired through the successful completion of the 4-year course of study described in A above.
In addition to Basic Requirements
you must have following: Experience:
You qualify for this position if you possess one year of specialized experience equivalent to at least the GS-12 level in the Federal Service or comparable pay band system. For this position Specialized experience is defined as
planning, developing, and implementing education initiatives to further produce educational broadcasts for school audiences.
Part-time and/or unpaid experience related to this position will be considered to determine the total number of years and months of experience. Be sure to note the number of paid or unpaid hours worked each week.
For a full explanation of this option please see the Qualification Standards
. Special Instructions for Foreign Education: If you are qualifying by education and/or you have education completed in a foreign college/university described above, it is your responsibility to provide transcripts and proof of U.S. accreditation for foreign study. For instructions on where to fax these documents, see the "Required Documents" section of this announcement.
Qualification requirements must be met within 30 days of the job announcement closing date.
- Unofficial school transcripts (undergraduate and graduate) must be submitted with your application package by the closing date of the vacancy announcement.
- If you have foreign education, you must show proof by the closing date of the vacancy announcement that education credentials have been evaluated by a private organization that specializes in interpretation of foreign educational credentials. Transcripts and proof of the evaluations must be submitted within your application package as indicated under “Required Documents”. Applicants may use the following websites http://www.naces.org/, http://www.fceatlanta.com/, or www.ies.aacrao.org to obtain these evaluations.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Your application will be evaluated first for the basic qualifications described above. The applications that meet the basic qualifications will be evaluated further against the following criteria:
- Ability to produce educational broadcasts for school audiences, as well as online educational resources, such as interactive web sites and videos.
- Ability to allocate and manage resources to meet objectives.
- Knowledge of personnel and budget procedures.
- Knowledge of current telecommunications methods and practices of sending and receiving information and programming for educational purposes.
- Knowledge of historical methodology and practices, particularly as they apply to the study of aviation and space technology or the arts, sciences, or humanities for the purpose of developing new, innovative programs.
- Ability to communicate in writing for the purposes of writing grants to obtain funding and dispersing information about Museum programs.
Your resume and supporting documentation will be compared to your responses to the occupational questionnaire or other assessment tool for consistency. If a determination is made that you have rated yourself higher than is supported by your resume, you will be assigned a rating commensurate to your described experience. Your resume should provide detailed information regarding how your education and experience relate to this position, including the major duties and qualifications criteria listed. To preview questions please click here.