All qualification requirements must be met by the closing date of this announcement.
Qualifying experience may be obtained in the private or public sector. Qualifying education must have been obtained from an accredited college or university recognized by the U.S. Department of Education. Additional information on qualification requirements is outlined in the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) Qualifications Standards Handbook of General Schedule Positions. It is available for your review in our office, in other federal agency personnel offices and on OPMs website at http://www.opm.gov/qualifications.
BASIC REQUIREMENT: All applicants must possess the following:
- Degree: that included or was supplemented by major study in education or in a subject-matter field appropriate to the position.
- Combination of education and experience -- courses equivalent to a major in education, or in a subject-matter field appropriate to the position, plus appropriate experience or additional course work that provided knowledge comparable to that normally acquired through the successful completion of the 4-year course of study described in A above.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENT: In addition to meeting the basic requirement, applicants must also meet the minimum qualification requirement.
SK-17: Applicant must have at least one year of specialized experience equivalent to at least the GS/SK-14 level, which includes experience with the following: assessing an organizations knowledge gaps and developing strategies to close identified gaps; managing technology to deliver learning and knowledge programs across an organization; directing, developing and utilizing a variety of qualitative and quantitative methods for the assessment and improvement of complex educational management processes, programs and systems.
SELECTIVE PLACEMENT FACTOR: In addition to meeting the basic requirement and the minimum qualification requirement, applicants must also meet the following selective placement factor. Failure to demonstrate this experience may result in an ineligible rating.
- Executive-level experience designing and implementing training programs and advising organization leaders on the kinds of policies and programs that would best benefit the future of the organization.
1. Application procedures are specific to this vacancy announcement. Please read all the instructions carefully. Failure to follow the instructions may result in you not being considered for this position.
2. Supplementary vacancies may be filled in addition to the number stated in this announcement.
3. This position has promotion potential to the SK-17.
4. SUPERVISORY PROBATIONARY PERIOD: This appointment may require completion of a one-year supervisory probationary period.
5. SECURITY CLEARANCE: Entrance on duty is contingent upon completion of a pre-employment security investigation. Favorable results on a Background Investigation may be a condition of employment or selection to another position.
6. PERMANENT CHANGE OF STATION (PCS): Moving/Relocation expenses are not authorized.
7. DIRECT DEPOSIT: All Federal employees are required to have Federal salary payments made by direct deposit to a financial institution of their choosing.
8. This position is not in the collective bargaining unit.
Information for Veterans: You may be eligible to receive preference in appointment. For more information please visit: http://www.fedshirevets.gov/job/vetpref/index.aspx.
Surplus or Displaced Federal Employees: For information on how to apply through the Interagency Career Transition Assistance program (ICTAP) see http://www.opm.gov/rif/employee_guides/career_transition.asp#ictap. To exercise selection priority for this vacancy, displaced Federal employees must meet the Well Qualified criteria of the rating scale for this position.
Disability Employment: For information on disability appointments please visit: http://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/disability-employment/
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
We will review your resume and supporting documentation to determine if you meet the minimum qualifications for the position. If you meet the minimum qualifications stated in the vacancy announcement, we will compare your resume and supporting documentation to your responses on the scored occupational questionnaire. Your resume must support your responses to the scored occupational questionnaire. If it is determined you meet minimum qualification requirements, your application will then be placed in one of three categories: Highly Qualified, Well Qualified, or Qualified. Within these categories, applicants eligible for Veterans' Preference will receive selection priority over non-veteran preference eligibles.
You will be rated on the following Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs):
- Skill in organizational leadership, strategic thinking, and the ability to lead and supervise a subordinate staff.
- Skill in applying educational theory, processes, and methods to a specialized training and development program area in a complex organization setting.
- Experience in the field of educational administration and management that has provided the ability to serve as the program director of all educational programs for a complex organization.
The Occupational Questionnaire will take you approximately 20 minutes to complete. To preview the Occupational Questionnaire, click the following link View Assessment Questions