About the Agency
This position is located in the National Weather Service (NWS), Office of the Assistant Administrator located in Silver Spring, MD. It is also being advertised under announcement number NWS-AA-2014-0009, (MAP), which is open to status candidates. You must apply to both announcements if you want to be considered for both.
*A one year probationary/trial period may be required.
*Payment of relocation expenses is not authorized.
*This position is not in the bargaining unit.
NOTES:*This vacancy may be used to fill other (Senior Advisor, GS-0301-14) positions throughout NOAA. The position must be alike (e.g.: within the same geographic locations, same grade/band requires the same qualifications as indicated in this vacancy announcement.
The individual selected for this position will:
- Develops management objectives and strategies for third party arbitration working with the agency's General Counsel.
- Represents the AA in negotiations on all conditions of employment affecting the entire NWS.
- Provides advice and guidance to senior management throughout the organization.
- Leads in the formulation and presentation of various collective bargaining unit issues and demands.
- Prepares proposals, receives disputes and acts an interpreter of laws, regulations, Executive Orders and decisions of appropriate labor relations authorities.
- Assesses the impact of new products and services, new science and technology on NWS operations.