GS-14: At least one year of specialized experience, equivalent to the GS-13 in the Federal service that included analyzing, evaluating, and developing statutes and regulations affecting technical regulatory and compliance programs for drugs; consulting management and staff on developing and implementing compliance policy and strategic enforcement initiatives for legal/regulatory matters under the Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act (FDCA), such as responding to and/or enforcing FDCA warning letters; and directing the legal/regulatory review of an organization's policies and practices.
Experience in applying the Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act must be clearly reflected in your CV and/or resume.
Time-in-Grade Requirements: Under competitive merit promotion procedures, any individual who is currently holding, or who has held within the previous 52 weeks, a General Schedule position under a non-temporary appointment in the competitive or excepted service, must meet "time-in-grade" requirements (have served 52 weeks at the next lower grade of the grade for which you are applying). Time-In-Grade requirements also apply to current employees applying for a Veterans Employment Opportunities Act of 1998 (VEOA) appointment. NOTE: You must provide a copy of a recent SF-50, "Notice of Personnel Action" that indicates proof of status and time-in-grade eligibility. The SF-50 must include your position, title, series, grade, step, tenure, type of service (Competitive or Excepted) and career status (career or career-conditional).
All qualification requirements must be met by11:59 PM (Eastern Time) on the closing date of this vacancy announcement.
Conditions of Employment:
1. Security and Background Requirements: If not previously completed, a background security investigation will be required for all appointees. Appointment will be subject to the applicant's successful completion of a background security investigation and favorable adjudication. Failure to successfully meet these requirements may be grounds for appropriate personnel action. In addition, if hired, a background security reinvestigation or supplemental investigation may be required at a later time. Applicants are also advised that all information concerning qualifications is subject to investigation. False representation may be grounds for non-consideration, non-selection and/or appropriate disciplinary action.
2. E-Verify: If you are selected for this position, the documentation that you present for purposes of completing the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Form I-9 will be verified through the DHS "E-Verify" System. Federal law requires DHS to use the E-Verify System to verify employment eligibility of all new hires, and as a condition of continued employment obligates the new hire to take affirmative steps to resolve any discrepancies identified by the system. The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services is an E-Verify Participant.
3. Direct Deposit: All Federal employees are required to have Federal salary payments made by direct deposit to a financial institution of their choosing.
4. Financial disclosure statement may be required.
5. Travel, transportation, and relocation expenses will be paid: Maybe
6. Bargaining Unit Position: Yes
7. Drug Screening Required: No
8. Recruitment incentives may be authorized: Maybe
9. Student loan repayment incentive authorized: No
10. Annual leave for non-federal service authorized: Maybe
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Once the job opportunity announcement closes, a review of your résumé and supporting documentation will be made and compared against your responses to the assessment questionnaire to determine if you are qualified for this job. If, after reviewing your résumé and supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your responses when compared to your background information, your score may be adjusted to more accurately reflect your skills and abilities. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your eligibility.
For Competitive Merit Promotion and Veterans Employment Opportunities Act (VEOA) Eligibles: The highest rated candidates will be referred to the hiring agency.
For Noncompetitive Appointment Eligibles: All qualified candidates will be referred to the hiring agency.
The assessment questionnaire is designed to measure the following competencies that are required for this position:
- Technical Guidance in Regulatory Procedures
- Regulatory Review
- Written Communication
- Oral CommunicationTo preview the assessment questionnaire, click the following link: View Assessment Questions