To qualify for this position, you must have one (1) year of specialized experience equivalent to at least the next lower grade level in the Federal service. Specialized experience is experience that equipped you with the particular knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform successfully the duties of the position, and that is typically in or related to the work of the position to be filled.
To be considered for GS-12, you must have 1 year of specialized experience at the GS-11 level or equivalent. Specialized experience includes: knowledge of all aspects of risk mitigation and finance programs, including statutory requirements, authorities, policies, regulations and procedures.
To be considered for the GS-13, you must have 1 year of specialized experience at the GS-12 level or equivalent . Specialized experience includes: expert knowledge of all aspects of risk mitigation and finance programs, including statutory requirements, authorities, policies, regulations and procedures. Experience participating in business development; analysis of issues; representing the agency in information exchanges with investors, other USG agencies, and the bilateral and multilateral development finance institutions; and developing legal documents to which the USG is or will be a signatory.
THERE IS NO EDUCATION REQUIREMENT
You must meet all qualification requirements within 30 days of the closing date of this announcement.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
You will be evaluated on the vacancy related questions that were designed to assess your overall possession of the following competencies/knowledge, skills, and abilities (KSA's):
1. Ability to evaluate country political and economic issues and applying state-of-the-art methodologies for determining insurability, rates, and rights and responsibilities in multiple-party agreements.
2. Expert knowledge of industrial sectors, developing countries, international relations, and basic business knowledge of the fundamentals of international economics, trade and investment to development of insurance terms and rates, and evaluations of risk.
3. Ability to communicate orally including negotiating with affected parties such as agency customers or consultants and explaining technical information to a variety of audiences.
4. Skill in preparing manuscripts which are explanatory, persuasive, or exploratory in nature for a variety of audiences.
5. Expert knowledge of qualitative research methods and analytical skills to evaluate, perform and respond to a broad range of issues, perform data gathering and conduct analysis, and evaluate other program-related issues.
6. Knowledge of bond capital markets for funding infrastructure projects.
NOTE: We do not require a separate statement responding to the competencies listed above . However, your resume should clearly show possession of these competencies.
We will review your resume and transcripts (if applicable), to ensure you meet the basic qualification requirements. We will evaluate each applicant who meets the basic qualifications based on the information provided and evaluate your relevant personal, educational, and/or work experiences as it relates to the specialized experience and your responses to the online assessment questionnaire. Based on the results of this evaluation, you will be placed in one of two quality categories: Highly Qualified and Qualified. Names of candidates in the Highly Qualified Category will be referred to the selecting official for consideration.
If you are entitled to veterans' preference, you should indicate the type of veterans' preference you are claiming on your resume, as well as provide the required supporting documentation. Your veterans' preference entitlement will be verified. If you are entitled to 5 point veterans' preference and qualify for the position, your name will be placed above qualified nonveterans in your assigned category. If you are a disabled veteran with a service-connected disability of 10% or more and you meet the minimum qualification of the position, you will be listed at the top of the highest quality category. For information on veterans preference see fedshirevets.
Agency Career Transition Assistance Program (CTAP) or the Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP) Eligibles: If you have never worked for the Federal government, you are not CTAP/ICTAP eligible. Information about ICTAP or CTAP eligibility can be found by clicking here to access OPM’s Career Transition Resources website. To be considered well qualified under CTAP/ ICTAP, you must be placed in the Best-Qualified category for this position. In addition, you must submit the supporting documents listed under the required documents section of this announcement.
To preview questions please click here.