Minimum Requirements: Experience, education or training that has provided a basic knowledge of data processing functions and general management principles that enabled the applicant to understand the stages required to automate a work process. Experience may have been gained in work such as computer operator or assistant, computer sales representative, program analyst, or other positions that required the use or adaptation of computer programs and systems.
Specialized Experience: Must have at least 36 months experience, education, or training that approaches techniques and requirements appropriate to an assigned computer applications area or computer specialty area in an organization. Experience planning the sequence of actions necessary to accomplish the assignment where this entailed coordination with others outside the organizational unit and development of project controls. Experience that required adaptations of guidelines or precedents to meet the needs of the assignment. Experience preparing documentation on cost/benefit studies where is involved summarizing the material and organizing it in a logical fashion. Experience in managing the function of the work to be performed. Experience which includes leading, directing and assigning work of personnel.
Knowledge, skills and abilities (KSAs) listed below will be used in the selection process. KSAs are important to the entire selection process and should be addressed specifically and completely within the resume'.
1. Knowledge of customer service and support principles and methods sufficient to manage the customer support help desk operations involving the delivery of a full range of customer support services to all serviced organizations.
2. Knowledge of network configuration techniques, computer equipment and assigned system software to determine source of failures.
3. Knowledge of current state-of-the-art system software to include operating systems as well as functional application software.
4. Knowledge of how the hardware, software and network infrastructure related to the serviced systems along with an understanding of how they integrate together sufficient to analyze problems reported to distinguish between hardware, software, network and user-related problems.
5. Skill in providing staff advice, planning, user assistance/training and evaluation services and functions within each specialty area.
6. Knowledge of a wide variety of applications, operating systems, protocols, and equipment used in customer organizations, and methods and practices for troubleshooting, recovering, adjusting, modifying, and improving current computer systems throughout the state and troubleshooting techniques for all hardware and peripherals.
7. Knowledge of a wide range of communications concepts, principles, and practices as well as telecommunications operating techniques, digital and analog communications requirements.
8. Knowledge of sophisticated diagnostic software and test equipment and devices necessary to identify, isolate and correct system faults and conflicts.
9. Skill in identification, isolation and correction of complex workstation and network system faults. Skill in identifying and resolving conflicts between workstations, network and peripheral devices; skill in adapting existing software to advanced systems; and skill in adapting multiple devices to operate from individual workstations or as network devices.
Quality of Experience: Level of time is not of itself qualifying. Candidates' experience should be evaluated on the basis of duties performed rather than strictly on the rank of the individual; however, established compatibility criteria/assignments must be followed. The applicant's record of experience training, and education must show possession of the knowledge, skills, and abilities needed to fully perform the duties of the Miscellaneous Administration and Program Positions.
Substitution of Education for Specialized Experience: At the GS-11 level, a Ph.D. or equivalent, or 3 years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to such a degree. Major study-computer science, information science, information systems management, mathematics, statistics, operations research, or engineering, or course work that required the development or adaptation of computer programs and systems and provided knowledge equivalent to a major in the computer field.
Military Assignment: Occupants of this position must maintain continuous military membership in the North Carolina Army National Guard (NCARNG). Assignment to a compatible Enlisted, Warrant Officer or Officer (O3 & below) position in the NCARNG is mandatory. (ENL MOS: 25B/U/Z WO BRANCH: 250N, 251A, 254A OFF BRANCH: 25, 53)
Security Clearance: Employment is subject to attaining and maintaining a security clearance as required by the position (ANACI minimum).
Direct Deposit: The applicant selected for this position will be required to participate in the Direct Deposit/Electronic Funds Transfer Program.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Once the application process is complete, a review of your application will be made to ensure you meet the job requirements. To validate your qualifications for this job, a review of your résumé and supporting documentation will be made and compared against your responses to the occupational questionnaire. The rating you receive is based on your responses to the questionnaire and supporting documents. If, after reviewing your résumé and supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have misrepresented your qualifications and/or experience, your rating will be adjusted to more accurately reflect your abilities. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating.