All qualification requirements must be met by the closing date of this announcement.
BASIC REQUIREMENT: All applicants must possess the following
- J.D. or LL.B. degree
- Active membership of the bar in good standing in any state, territory of the United States, the District of Columbia, or the commonwealth of Puerto Rico. (Note: proof of bar membership will be required before entry on duty.)
MINIMUM QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENT: In addition to meeting the basic requirement, applicants must also meet the minimum qualification requirement.
Applicant must have four years of post J.D. work experience as a practicing attorney, three years of which includes: experience providing advice and guidance on major administrative and policy matters related to short term and long term policy initiatives, providing strategic advice regarding organizational management matters, and evaluating and recommending appropriate action on proposals regarding program management, and applying knowledge and experience interpreting federal securities laws, rules and regulations.
1. This position is open to all U.S. citizens and persons lawfully admitted for permanent residence and seeking citizenship as outlined in 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)(B).
2. Application procedures are specific to this vacancy announcement. Please read all the instructions carefully. Failure to follow the instructions may result in you not being considered for this position.
3. Supplementary vacancies may be filled in addition to the number stated in this announcement.
4. FULL PERFORMANCE LEVEL: This position has promotion potential to the SO-02.
5. TRIAL PERIOD: This appointment may require completion of a two-year trial period.
6. SECURITY CLEARANCE: Entrance on duty is contingent upon completion of a pre-employment security investigation. Favorable results on a Background Investigation may be a condition of employment or selection to another position.
7. PERMANENT CHANGE OF STATION (PCS): Moving/Relocation expenses are not authorized.
8. DIRECT DEPOSIT: All Federal employees are required to have Federal salary payments made by direct deposit to a financial institution of their choosing.
9. This position is not in the collective bargaining unit.
Disability Employment: For information on disability appointments please visit: http://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/disability-employment/
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
If you meet the minimum qualifications stated in the vacancy announcement, we will compare your resume and supporting documentation to your responses on the occupational questionnaire. Your resume must support your responses to the occupational questionnaire. After review of your application materials, if you are determined to be minimally qualified, you will be referred to the selecting official.
You will be rated on the following Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs): Your resume should address these KSAs. If you are determined to be minimally qualified, these KSAs will be assessed during the interviews.
Management Experience: Experience designing and implementing strategies which maximize employee potential and foster high ethical standards in meeting the organizations vision, mission, and goals.
Leading Change/Achieving Results: Experience developing and implementing an organizational vision which integrates key national and program goals, priorities, values, and other factors of that organization. Examples should include experience implementing change in his/her organization, exercising leadership and motivating managers to incorporate vision and strategic planning into the process.
Building Coalitions/Communications: Experience explaining, advocating, and expressing facts and ideas (both orally and in writing) in a convincing manner. Work environment may be experience working with the press, political appointees, Congress, and other high-level organizations and staff on various types of important national issues. Experience includes working in groups and teams conducting briefings with outside groups and gaining cooperation from others to obtain information and accomplish goals.
Knowledge of Federal Securities Laws: Knowledge and understanding of Federal securities laws, including procedures, regulations, guidelines, and precedents.
Administration and Management: Knowledge of planning, coordination, and execution of business functions, resource allocation, and production.
Compliance: Knowledge of procedures for assessing, evaluating, and monitoring programs or projects for compliance with Federal laws, regulations, and guidance.
The Occupational Questionnaire will take you approximately 10 minutes to complete. To preview the Occupational Questionnaire, click the following link View Assessment Questions