Job Title:Secretary of the Commission
Agency:Securities and Exchange Commission
Job Announcement Number:14-EX-1047604-KR
The contents of the announcement can still be viewed.
|$151,876.00 to $228,422.00 / Per Year|
|Thursday, March 27, 2014 to Thursday, April 10, 2014|
SERIES & GRADE:
|Full Time - Permanent|
|1 vacancy in the following location:|
Washington DC, DC View Map
WHO MAY APPLY:
|This position is open to all U.S. citizens and persons lawfully admitted for permanent residence and seeking citizenship as outlined in 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)(B).|
EXTENDED CLOSING DATE OF ANNOUNCEMENT TO THURSDAY, APRIL 10, 2014.
The U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission is looking for the best and brightest to join our team. Our mission includes advocating for investors who seek to secure a future for their family, providing guidance and regulations for the nations securities industry in an increasingly global market, and taking action with an eye toward promoting the capital formation necessary to sustain economic growth.
A career with the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) offers work that is exciting, challenging and rewarding. You can contribute to securities regulation and enforcement while making a positive difference for the American investing public. The SEC provides:
- Careers that broaden and deepen your already accomplished knowledge, skills and abilities;
- An environment that allows you to work and learn with the nations experts;
- Benefits, compensation and career expansion opportunities; and
- A balance between your professional and family life.
To find out more about the SEC, go to http://www.sec.gov.
The SEC offers a number of enhanced pay and benefits plus the standard Federal benefits:
- Paid dental and vision insurance;
- Subsidy for health insurance, which supplements your health benefits premiums by $25 for self-only coverage and by $50 for family coverage;
- Domestic Partner Health Insurance Reimbursement Program;
- Mass transportation subsidy;
- "WorkSmart" - Opportunities for flexible work schedules and expanded telework
The Office of the Chair is seeking applicants to fill the position of the Secretary of the Commission. The Secretary of the Commission is responsible for the orderly and expeditious flow of staff recommendations to the Commission for official action. The position is located in Washington, DC.
- Not Required
- J.D or LL.B
- Active membership of the bar in good standing