Vacancy Identification Number (VIN) 1046969
OUR MISSION: To fulfill President Lincoln's promise "To care for him who shall have borne the battle, and for his widow, and his orphan" by serving and honoring the men and women who are America's Veterans. Note:
The full performance level of this vacancy is GS-9. The actual grade at which an applicant may be selected for this vacancy is in the range of GS-5 to GS-9. The Professional Standards Board (a peer-review group) will review the selected candidates education and experience and recommend the grade and step at which the candidate will be placed. The salary is based on the grade and step approved for the selected candidate.
VA encourages persons with disabilities to apply. The health related positions in VA are covered by Title 38, and are not covered by the Schedule A excepted appointment authority.
Relocation Expenses: Relocation expenses are not authorized for this position.
The duty station for this vacancy is the Jefferson Barracks Division but may be changed to one of multiple locations in the St. Louis Metropolitan area based on the needs of the Medical Center.
TOUR OF DUTY: MONDAY-FRIDAY
DUTIES: This position is located in the Orthotic/Prosthetic Laboratory Section of Prosthetics Service, VHA St. Louis Healthcare System. The incumbent provides appropriate orthotic and/or prosthetic devices and treatment by assisting the practitioner with the following:
- assessment of a patient's individual needs and desires
- formulation of a treatment plan as part of treatment team
- design, component selection, measurement/casting of the patient, fabrication and fitting of device to the patient
- proper documentation of the patient record
- continuing care and periodic examination of the patient and the orthotic/prosthetic device to assess fit, function and changing needs of the patient