Agency: Securities and Exchange Commission
The contents of the announcement can still be viewed.
Washington DC, DC View Map
The U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission is looking for the best and brightest to join our team. Our mission includes advocating for investors who seek to secure a future for their family, providing guidance and regulations for the nations securities industry in an increasingly global market, and taking action with an eye toward promoting the capital formation necessary to sustain economic growth.
A career with the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) offers work that is exciting, challenging and rewarding. You can contribute to securities regulation and enforcement while making a positive difference for the American investing public. The SEC provides:
- Careers that broaden and deepen your already accomplished knowledge, skills and abilities;
- An environment that allows you to work and learn with the nations experts;
- Benefits, compensation and career expansion opportunities; and
- A balance between your professional and family life.
To find out more about the SEC, go to http://www.sec.gov.
The SEC offers a number of enhanced pay and benefits plus the standard Federal benefits:
- Paid dental and vision insurance;
- Subsidy for health insurance, which supplements your health benefits premiums by $25 for self-only coverage and by $50 for family coverage;
- Domestic Partner Health Insurance Reimbursement Program;
- Mass transportation subsidy;
- "WorkSmart" - Opportunities for flexible work schedules and expanded telework
The General Counsel is the Chief legal officer of the Commission and heads the Office of the General Counsel (OGC). The Office provides a variety of legal services to the Commission and staff, and is divided into five groups: Appellate, General Litigation, Adjudication, Legal Policy, and Business/Technical Support.
This position is in the Office of General Counsel in Washington, D.C.
Salary Range for SK-12: $82,037 - $138,211
Salary Range for SK-13: $97,556 - $164,347
This will be a time limited position not-to-exceed 4 years with the option to be made permanent in the Excepted Service.
- Not Required
- This position is open to US Citizens AND
- persons lawfully admitted for permanent residence and seeking citizenship
- as outlined in 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)(B)