The Defense Nuclear Facilities Safety Board
The Defense Nuclear Facilities Safety Board (Board) is an independent agency in the executive branch chartered with the responsibility of providing recommendations and advice to the President and the Secretary of Energy regarding public health and safety issues at Department of Energy (DOE) defense nuclear facilities. The Board reviews and evaluates the content and implementation of health and safety standards, as well as other requirements, relating to the design, construction, operation, and decommissioning of DOEs defense nuclear facilities to ensure that these activities are carried out in a manner that protects the public, workers, and the environment.
As the Director of Human Resources, you will be responsible for:
- Planning and administering the Board's human resources (HR) programs;
- Review human resources operations to ensure all programs and policies are consistent and operating according to Federal laws, regulations, policies, and procedures;
- Establishing short- and long-term HR plans and strategic goals;
- Serving as the principal advisor to the Board on a variety of HR matters (e.g. staffing, classification, pay and benefits, employee relations, etc.); and
- Supervising HR staff, including evaluating performance, identifying training needs, and recommending personnel actions.
- Occasional Travel
- 1-5 nights per year