Duties including, but not limited to:
· Maintains control of and accounts for whereabouts and safety of children and youth.
· Assists in providing and leading planned activities for program participants.
Helps prepare, arrange, and maintain indoor and outdoor activity areas and materials to accommodate daily schedule.
· Interacts professionally with staff members, parents, and the Command.
· Supervises children and youth during daily schedule of indoor and outdoor activities, on field trips, outings and special events.
· Promotes and models safety, fitness, health and nutrition practices. Notifies supervisor on health, fire, and safety compliance concerns.
· Helps arrange for/serve appropriate snacks/meals where applicable.
· Observes a program participant for signs that may indicate illness, abuse or neglect and reports as directed. Notes special instructions provided by parents.
· Ensures children and youth (as applicable) depart with authorized person according to written parental instruction.
· Assists in maintaining program participation data and completing required daily reports.
· Provides care/supervision, oversight, and accountability for program participants in compliance with DoD, Army and local policies, guidance, and standards.
· Assists In achieving and maintaining DoD/Army certification and national accreditation or Army equivalent. Performs other related duties as assigned.
TARGET LEVEL INCLUDES THE FOLLOWING:
SUPERVISORY CONTROLS - Works under the written and verbal direction of the supervisor, who provides guidance on scope of assignments and assistance on the more complex, non-routine problems encountered. Work is reviewed in terms of results achieved and adherence to established standards and procedures. Routine day-to-day assignments are normally performed independently with technical assistance available from supervisor when required. Routine assignments are spot-checked; the more technical assignments are closely reviewed for adherence to policies, procedures and instructions.