Serves as a HR Assistant providing assistant support to the VSC HR team in the areas of Recruitment and Processing and Records. Some the duties include but are not limited to:
· Provides support to the HR team in the areas of processing and records, recruitment, special programs, and other duties as assigned.
· Performs work in support of a recruitment and placement function by performing coding and inputting personnel actions for a wide variety of personnel actions.
· Independently identifies and resolves processing problems involving legal authority and nature of action codes.
· Determines creditable service for leave and completion of probationary periods and makes adjustments to service computation dates.
· Supports the HR Specialists and the service by providing clerical assistance when needed.
· Conducts New Employee Orientation (NEO) and assists new hires in completing forms related to appointments, explains Federal employee benefits.
· Establishes and maintains electronic Official Personnel Folders (eOPF).
· Ensures follow-up codes are input into the PAID systems on licensure, proficiencies, and so forth.
· Sends out notices on follow-ups and ensures that services meet the specified time frames.
· Provides day-to-day assistance in recruitment for a variety of positions dealing with applicants in person, by telephone, or via correspondence.
· Drafts vacancy announcements.
The Human Resources Assistant performs technical assistance work for the Human Resources Specialists. The duties of the position above describe the full performance level of a GS-7; at lower grade levels, the work is performed in a developmental capacity under close supervision.