In order to meet the minimum qualifications for this ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICER position, you must meet the following criteria.
Experience, education or training in managing or directing, one or more programs, including appropriate supporting service organizations. Supervisory, managerial, professional or technical work experience and/or training which has provided knowledge of management principles, practices, methods and techniques. Experience using computer and automation systems.
Must have at least 24 months experience, education or training analyzing problems, identifying significant factors, gathering pertinent data and recognizing solutions. Experience preparing reports, plans, policies and various correspondence. Experience evaluating objectives and develop plans to facilitate the availability and effective utilization of various resources. Experience utilizing the organization, its mission and the organizational staff procedures. Experience interacting with a variety of groups and/or individuals and the ability to apply analytical and evaluative techniques to the identification, consideration, and resolution of issues or problems of a procedural or factual nature.
SUBSTITUTION OF EDUCATION FOR SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE:
Successful completion of a full 4-year course of study in any field leading to a bachelor's degree, in an accredited college or university ,meets the GS-5 level requirements.
Candidates will be evaluated on the basis of the KSA's listed below. Applicants are encouraged to address the KSA's in their application or resume or by submitting a supplemental statement with their application. Written response to each KSA will ensure that specialized experience criteria is recognized and credited.
1. Knowledge of management practices.
2. Ability to plan, organize and coordinate work.
3. Ability to analyze work problems having an administrative aspect.
4. Knowledge of the organization and its mission.
5. Knowledge of the organizational staff procedures.
6. Ability to supervise and manage personnel.
MILITARY REQUIREMENTS: Selected candidates will be required to be in a compatible military grade and assignment prior to the effective date of placement.
OFFICER, WARRANT, AND ENLISTED
Compatible Military Assignments:
OBR: 88A, 90A, 91A, 92A WOBR: 92 ECMF: 68
YOU MUST ALREADY BE A MEMBER OF THE NEW YORK ARMY NATIONAL GUARD TO BE ELIGIBLE TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION.
PLEASE NOTE: In order for your application to be considered, you need to submit the following document:
(Resume must have a from and to date for each position worked in. The date must be month and year. Ex: 02/2012
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Once the application process is complete, a review of your application will be made to ensure you meet the job requirements. To determine if you are qualified for this job, a review of your resume and supporting documentation will be made and compared against your responses to the occupational questionnaire. The numeric rating you receive is based on your responses to the questionnaire. The score is a measure of the degree to which your background matches the knowledge, skills and abilities required of this position. If, after reviewing your resume and or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and or experience your score can and will be adjusted to more accurately reflect your abilities. Please follow instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating and eligibility.
All qualified applicants will be forwarded to the selecting official, unless there are more than seven qualified applicants. In this case, the evaluation procedures in DMNA PAM 690-4, Chapter 5 will be used to further screen candidates prior to referral. A panel of three members will be appointed to rate the candidates using the KSA factors. Experience will be evaluated in terms of type and quality in relation to the requirements of the position. Length of service or experience will only be used when there is a clear relationship with quality of performance or when necessary to break ties when all other ratings are equal.
Following the determination of basic eligibility of the candidates as outlined in DMNA PAM 690-4, Chapter 5, qualified applicants will be referred to the selection official in the following sequence:
1. Category I: All excepted service technicians in the New York Army National Guard for Army technician vacancies and all excepted service technicians in the New York Air National Guard for Air technician vacancies, working at the location specified in the job announcement where the vacancy exists.
2. Category II: All currently employed excepted service technicians in either the New York Army or New York Air National Guard.
3. Category III: Qualified members of the New York National Guard (Army or Air), to include AGR personnel and temporary and Indefinite technicians, or other individuals who are willing to become members of the New York Army or Air National Guard.
* If there are fewer than three qualified applicants in Category I, then qualified applicants from Category II, III will be forwarded to the selection official, in sequential order, to provide at least three qualified applicants.