Vacancy Identification Number (VIN): 1044316
Mental Health and Behavioral Science Service at the Veteran's Medical Center in
White River Junction, Vermont is seeking a full-time, licensed psychologist
with a background in the provision of psychotherapy, including evidenced-based
psychotherapies. The person should be energetic, enthusiastic and able to
collaborate with Mental Health and Primary Care colleagues. Prior experience
working with Veterans is preferred but not required. The position will be based
primarily at the Keene Community Based Outpatient Clinic with some
responsibilities at the medical center in White River Junction. Clinical
Responsibilities include the ability to diagnose mental disorders, and provide
brief and long term individual and group psychotherapy to Veterans.
To fulfill President Lincoln's promise "To care for him who shall have borne the battle, and for his widow, and his orphan" by serving and honoring the men and women who are America's Veterans.
Note: The full performance level of this vacancy is GS-13. The actual grade at which an applicant may be selected for this vacancy is in the range of GS 12 to GS-13. The Professional Standards Board (a peer-review group) will review the selected candidates education and experience and recommend the grade and step at which the candidate will be placed. The salary is based on the grade and step approved for the selected candidate.
VA encourages persons with disabilities to apply. The health related positions in VA are covered by Title 38, and are not covered by the Schedule A excepted appointment authority.
Clinical Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Provide a range of therapeutic interventions including short and long term psychotherapy, individual and
* Provide a full range of psychotherapeutic services including psychosocial assessment, individual, group and couples therapy
using appropriate psychotherapeutic techniques in providing quality care.
* Perform psychosocial evaluations for the full range of mental conditions.
* Consult with multidisciplinary staff on a wide variety of patient care issues.
* Primary assignment is the general
outpatient mental health service at the Keene CBOC in the provision of
including evidenced-based psychotherapy for depression and PTSD.
Must have experience providing individual,
group and couples therapy and the
ability to provide time-limited as well as long-term psychotherapy.
* Independently provide psychological services at all levels of complexity and consult with peers and supervisors as