To qualify for this position, applicants must meet all requirements by June 1, 2014.
1. Graduate of a CAHME-, CEPH-, AACSB-, ACBSP-, AUPHA or NASPAA- accredited MHA, MHSA, MPH, MBA, MPA, or other Health Care Management / Administration Degree program. Note: You must have graduated within the last two years. Six years of eligibility for Veterans precluded from being a recent graduate due to military service obligations provided that the individual meets the definition of "Veteran" under 5 U.S.C 2108. NOTE: MBA and MPA graduates must have a minimum of 2 graduate Master's courses in Health Care Administration.
2. Applicants must provide a copy of their resume, two letters of recommendation (One must be from your Program Director, and one professional reference), and a copy of their unofficial graduate transcript.
3. If selected, incumbent must sign a Recent Graduate agreement which outlines specific training requirements, and conversion requirements.
You will be rated on the following competencies based on your
application for this position.
1. Knowledge of basic health care management principles, practices, and techniques
2. Strong communication skills, both written and oral
3. Ability to use methods for conducting studies and gathering qualitative and quantitative data
4. Ability to manage projects/programs achieving milestones and meeting deadlines
5. Systems-thinking ability
6. Involvement in professional associations/community involvement
7. GPA greater than 3.5 on a 4.0 scale preferred
If you are referred for consideration, you may be asked to submit additional job related information, which may include, but not limited to; responses to the knowledge, skills and abilities; completion of a work sample, and/or contact for an interview.
PLEASE NOTE: Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications (particularly positions with a positive education requirement.) Therefore, applicants must report only attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education. Applicants can verify accreditation at the following website: http://www.ed.gov/admins/finaid/accred/index.html All education claimed by applicants will be verified by the appointing agency accordingly. If you are using foreign education to meet qualification requirements, you must send a Certificate of Foreign Equivalency with your transcript in order to receive credit for that education.
Physical Requirements: Use of Fingers, walking (1 hour), Standing (1 Hours), Hearing (aid Permitted), working closely with others, and working alone.
Veterans' Preference: When applying for Federal Jobs, eligible Veterans should claim preference on the Occupational Questionnaire in the section provided and provide a legible copy of your DD214(s) and/or documentation related to your active duty service which shows dates of service, character of service (honorable, general, etc.), or dates of impending separation.Additionally, disabled veterans and others eligible for 10-point preference (such as widows or mothers of eligible Veterans) must also submit an SF-15 "Application for 10 Point Veterans Preference" with required proof as stated on the form. For more information, please review the information for disabled Veterans in the application checklist or visit http://www.fedshirevets.gov/job/vetpref/index.aspx.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Your resume and/or supporting documentation will be verified during the review process. If your resume/application does not support your questionnaire answers, we will not allow credit for your response(s). Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating or consideration for employment.