SCREEN OUT ELEMENT: I have the ability to perform the common tasks of a journeyman electrician in diagnosing, repairing, and maintaining power distribution circuits, control systems, communication systems, and high voltage heavy duty generating and distribution systems, under close supervision of a supervisory electrician with inspection performed at the completion of each task.Failure to meet the screen out element will result in an ineligible rating.
Application packages will be reviewed and screened for experience and/or training which provided:
- Knowledge of Electrical Equipment
- Theory and Instruments (Electrical) Used in Shop and Trade Practices
- Technical Practices (theoretical, precise, artistic)- Ability to Use Electrical Drawings
- Ability to Use and Maintain Hand Tools (electrical work)
PHYSICAL EFFORT: The incumbent handles heavy parts and equipment and works in cramped quarters in tiring positions. Physical effort requires climbing stairs and ladders, and lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling and twisting objects frequently weighing up to, and occasionally over, 45 pounds. A high degree of concentrated mental and visual attention is necessary to determine cause of trouble and to plan and carry out corrective action; to interpret complex drawings; and to coordinate a high degree of manual dexterity with close visual attention for sustained periods. Ability to distinguish colors is essential.
WORKING CONDITIONS: Work is performed in the project powerhouse, other structures, and outdoors. The employee is exposed to noise, extremes of heat or cold, dirt, oils, greases, dust, energized equipment, moving machinery, odors and fumes. Works around and over water, in damp drafty areas, and at various heights. May work with a variety of toxic or caustic materials. Required to work in concrete structures. There is a possibility of cuts, burns, falls, and electrical shock. Must wear all appropriate safety equipment and protective clothing, and successfully complete and maintain all occupational health requirements.
Other Requirements: Click here for expanded definitions.
- Male applicants born after December 31, 1959 must complete a Pre-Employment Certification Statement for Selective Service Registration.
- You will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship.
- One year trial/probationary period may be required.
- Direct Deposit of Pay is Required.
- This is a Career Program Position(CP)18.
- Credit will be given for appropriateunpaid experience or volunteer work.
- This is a TERM position. It is temporary and maybe extended up to a maximum of 4 years.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Your application package (resume, supporting documents, and responses to the questionnaire) will be used to determine your eligibility, qualifications, and quality ranking for this position. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating or consideration for employment.
Basis for Rating: Qualified candidates will be assigned to one of three quality categories: Best Qualified, Highly Qualified and Qualified. Veteran preference eligibles are listed ahead of non-preference eligibles within each quality category.
Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP). If you are a Federal employee in the competitive service and your agency has notified you in writing that you are a displaced employee eligible for ICTAP consideration, you may receive selection priority. See Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP) for more information. Additional information about the program is on OPM's Career Transition Resources website.