Candidates MUST meet the qualification requirements consistent with the Department of Health and Human Services and the OPM qualification standards applicable to the position being filled. The classification of the intern positions (series and grade) will depend upon the field of study and level of coursework the candidate has completed. Candidate must be enrolled or accepted for enrollment as a degree-seeking student.
Cumulative GPA of 3.5 or above.
16 years or older at the time of appointment.
To qualify for Student Trainee positions under the Pathways Internship Program, you MUST demonstrate that you meet the eligibility criteria to be identified as a student and that you meet the qualification requirement based on education completed that corresponds to the grade level at which considered.
To be a STUDENT you must be enrolled, or accepted for enrollment, as a degree student; be undertaking a two-year or four-year program at least half-time; be taking an academic, vocational, or technical course load in an accredited educational institution; maintain a minimum grade point average of 3.5; and be pursuing any of the following academic degrees:
Vocational/Technical Certificate (two-year program)
Graduate Degree (Master's program)
Verification of student status and education level must be submitted as supporting documentation to your application. Applicants MUST submit school transcripts and letter of acceptance or proof of enrollment documentation. Failure to submit the documentation will result in disqualification from futher consideration.
To qualify for the GS-02 grade level, applicants must have: High school diploma (or equivalent).
To qualify for the GS-03 grade level, applicants must have: Completion of one full academic year of post-high school study.
To qualify for the GS-04 grade level, applicants must have: Completion of 2 full academic years of post-high school study or associate's degree.
To qualify for the GS-05 grade level, applicants must have: Completion of all requirements for a bachelor's degree or equivalent degree.
To qualify for the GS-07 grade level, applicants must have: Completion of 1 full year of graduate level education or eligibility under Superior Academic Achievement after completing a bachelor's degree at an accredited college or university.
To qualify for the GS-09 grade level, applicants must have: Completion of all requirements for a Master's degree or equivalent degree at an accredited college or university.
FOREIGN EDUCATION: If you are using education completed in foreign colleges or universities to meet the qualification requirements, you must show that the education credentials have been evaluated by a private organization that specializes in interpretation of foreign education programs and such education has been deemed equivalent to that gained in an accredited U.S. education program. For further information, click on foreign education.
Conditions of Employment:
1. Security and Background Requirements: If not previously completed, a background security investigation will be required for all appointees. Appointment will be subject to the applicant's successful completion of a background security investigation and favorable adjudication. Failure to successfully meet these requirements may be grounds for appropriate personnel action. In addition, if hired, a background security reinvestigation or supplemental investigation may be required at a later time. Applicants are also advised that all information concerning qualifications is subject to investigation. False representation may be grounds for non-consideration, non-selection and/or appropriate disciplinary action.
2. E-Verify: If you are selected for this position, the documentation that you present for purposes of completing the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Form I-9 will be verified through the DHS "E-Verify" System. Federal law requires DHS to use the E-Verify System to verify employment eligibility of all new hires, and as a condition of continued employment obligates the new hire to take affirmative steps to resolve any discrepancies identified by the system. The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services is an E-Verify Participant.
3. Direct Deposit: All Federal employees are required to have Federal salary payments made by direct deposit to a financial institution of their choosing.
4. Pre-employment physical required: No
5. Drug testing required: No
6. License required: No
7. Mobility agreement required: No
8. Moving expenses authorized: No
9. Recruitment Incentive authorized: No
10. Student loan repayment incentive authorized: NO
11. Annual leave for non-federal service authorized: No
12. Bargaining Unit Position: No
13. Financial disclosure statement required: No
14. Must sign FDA Pathways Program Participant Agreement.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Applicants meeting the eligibility and minimum qualification requirements will be referred for selection without ranking, in accordance with applicable reemployment priority and/or veterans' preference requirements.
The information you provide may be verified by a review of work experience and education, by checking references and through other means (ex., interview). Your evaluation may also include a review by a Human Resources Specialist or panel and may include other assessments (ex., interview, panel review, etc.).