Vacancy Identification Number (VIN) 1043355
I CARE - VA VALUES
INTEGRITY, COMMITMENT, ADVOCACY, RESPECT AND EXCELLENCE
OUR MISSION: To fulfill President Lincoln's promise "To care for him who shall have borne the battle, and for his widow, and his orphan" by serving and honoring the men and women who are America's Veterans.
How would you like to become a part of a team providing compassionate care to Veterans?
The Readjustment Counseling Service Veterans Center in Watertown, NY provides a full range of readjustment counseling, outreach and psycho-social services to eligible Veterans in the Jefferson County area. As a VA professional, your opportunities are endless. With many openings in the multiple functions of VA, you will have a wide range of opportunities and leadership positions at your fingertips. Not only is it the largest, most technologically advanced integrated health care system in the Nation, but we also provide many other services to Veterans through the Benefits Administration and National Cemeteries. VA professionals feel good about their careers and their ability to balance work and home life. VA offers generous paid time off and a variety of predictable and flexible scheduling opportunities. For more information on the Department of Veterans Affairs, go to http://www.vacareers.va.gov//
This position may be filled with a Supervisory Readjustment Counseling Therapist or a Supervisory Social Worker. Please apply for the appropriate position.
Note: The grade level for this position is GS-13. This position functions independently and is responsible for the supervision of other licensed health care professional The Professional Standards Board (a peer-review group) will review the selected candidates education and experience and recommend the step and salary at which the candidate will be placed.
VA encourages persons with disabilities to apply. The health related positions in VA are covered by Title 38, and are not covered by the Schedule A excepted appointment authority.
Relocation Expenses: Relocation expenses are not authorized for this position.
Travel Required: Not Required
The Supervisory Psychologist position is located in the Watertown Vet Center. The incumbent is responsible for the overall clinical and administrative operation of the Vet Center. Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Supervises the staff of the Vet Center and is responsible for evaluating their performance.
- Develops networks external to the Vet Center and the Department of Veterans Affairs with veteran service organizations, community based agencies, and mental health organizations.
- Enhance service delivery and develop referrals of veteran clients to appropriate care.
- Develops priorities based upon the direction of the Regional Manager, and makes independent professional decisions and recommendations with infrequent recourse to supervisory members of the Regional Manager's office.
- Serves as a consultant and subject matter expert to programs and resources external to the Vet Center on matters of the readjustment needs of veterans.
- Ensures that the Vet Center operates in an efficient manner to deliver good patient care.
- Responsible for staff selection, education, and career development.
- Provides clinical, professional, and administrative supervision to the clinical staff of the Vet Center.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Work Schedule: Although the regular work schedule is Monday thru Friday from 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM, Vet Centers are open evenings and weekends to accommodate clients who work during normal business hours. Vet Center staff is also required to provide services at National Guard weekend Demobilization and Yellow Ribbon events.
Relocation/Recruitment Expenses: Relocation and Recruitment expenses are not authorized for this position.