About the Agency
Position is being advertised concurrently under BR-LC-14-05 for status applicants. If you are interested in applying under both announcement numbers, you must submit application packages for each.
Reclamation is seeking a career professional looking for an opportunity to capitalize on his/her expertise as a Supervisory Realty Specialist in a fast paced working environment. You can make a difference in the West by assisting in meeting increasing water demands while protecting the environment.
Would you enjoy ensuring the safe and efficient operation of Government facilities? Responsibilities include providing supervision, direction, oversight, control, and coordination of the Lands Group programs and activities, including the Regional Laboratory, in support of Reclamation’s mission goals.
LOCATION: Lower Colorado Region, Regional Office, Resource Management Office, Lands Group, Boulder City, NV. Boulder City is a short drive from the Las Vegas Metropolitan area. For living conditions visit:
Boulder City, NV: http://www.bcnv.org.Henderson, NV: http://www.hendersonchamber.com/. Las Vegas, NV: http://www.lvchamber.com.
Additional vacancies may be filled from this vacancy announcement.
- Serves as the Regional Realty Officer in LCR-wide management, direction, and oversight of the regional land management, realty, land acquisition, and disposal programs, including title transfers, and associated budgets.
- Supervises subordinate staff to include planning the work to be accomplished, setting and adjusting priorities, preparing schedules for completion of work, and assigning and evaluating work.
- Responsible for overall quality of the LCR’s land records system and works closely with the Financial Management Office to ensure ongoing accuracy of data and records for financial reporting and audit purposes.
- Directs recreation program planning and accomplishments to meet a broad range of national, Departmental, and BOR program objectives and long-range goals; meet the needs of State and local governmental agencies; and provides benefit to the public by the effective use and management of BOR land.
- Oversees the formulation of the Group’s work plans. Serves as budget sub-committee team lead for the Regional Land Resources Management program. Develops, monitors, and implements budgets and administrative procedures for the Group.
- Maintains liaison with other Bureau offices, Federal, Tribal, state, local agencies, and universities for the purpose of collaborative partnerships, consultation, coordination, negotiating cost share, contracting for expertise, and with public and special interest groups to obtain public insight and input.