Incumbent serves as a Maintenance Worker Leader over the Facility Maintenance Division with the responsibility for planning, coordinating, and directing maintenance operations.
- Plans the use of workers, equipment facilities, materials, and tools on a day-to-day or project-to project basis.
- Adheres to work priorities, project schedules, resources and detailed work plans established by higher level supervisors.
- Track and report progress on work assignments and request authority to adjust worker assignments and to use overtime, equipment, and materials to meet schedules.
- Recommend changes to schedules, priorities, and work sequences as necessary and make minor deviations in procedures or redirect resources to overcome problems such as equipment failure, material delays, or unplanned absences.
- Trains and instructs subordinates in the use, care, storage and maintenance of supplies, materials and equipment.
- Actively pursues preventive maintenance, inspect completed work for quality and work order requirements.
- Assure safety and housekeeping practices are observed. Maintain work reports and records.
- Maintains accountability for Wastewater Treatment Operations and Water Treatment Plant Operations.
Physical Demands: Works from ladders, scaffolds and platforms where surfaces to be coated, or the parts of systems worked on are hard to reach that require incumbent to stand, stoop; bend; kneel, climb and work in tiring and uncomfortable positions. Frequently lifts, carries and sets up parts and equipment that weigh up to 50 pounds.
Work Environment: the work is done inside and outside where dirt, spray, and fumes are present. Also required to work in extreme weather conditions and/or wear protective equipment and clothing that are sometimes heavy and uncomfortable. Frequently exposed to the potential risk or broken bones, shock, burns, cuts and bruises.
Area/Housing Information: The duty station of this position is Village Mills, Texas (near Kountze, Texas) located about 35 miles north of Beaumont, Texas. Kountze is a small town with some amenities, however, the city of Beaumont lies in the southeast corner of Texas, along interstate 10, about 80 miles east of Houston. With a current population of 115,570, Beaumont is the most populated city in the Metropolitan Statistical Area, which includes Hardin, Jefferson and Orange counties. Beaumont has a semi-tropical climate which draws residents and visitors year-round for birding, fishing, hunting, boating, swimming, camping, and other outdoor recreation. To view information about hotels and motels in Beaumont and surrounding areas please go to http://www.cityofbeaumont.com
For additional job and/or duty location information, please call Edward Comeau at (409) 951-6702.