All qualifications must be met by the closing date of this announcement, Friday, February 07, 2014. Qualifying experience may be obtained in the private or public sectors.
QUALIFICATIONS: To be eligible for this position, you must possess the qualifying specialized experience and/or education as well as selective factors as described in the occupational/assessment questionnaire and as outlined below. Applicants must be physically fit as required in Office of Personnel Management Qualifications Handbook X-118C, available for review on OPM's website at http://www.opm.gov/qualifications/x-118c, and must possess the knowledge, skills, and abilities of the elements listed in Section 25 of the Online Occupational Questionnaire to perform the duties of the position at the level for which they are applying. A specific length of time and experience is not required; however you must be able to demonstrate the rough experience shown in your written application, that you possess sufficient knowledge, skill and ability to perform the duties of the position without more than normal supervision. Examples of experience for this position include: Specialized experience that demonstrates the ability to perform Water Treatment and Wastewater Treatment directly related to activities affecting public health and safety which are given the highest priority. Specialized experience includes a variety of trade practices associated with occupations including Carpentry, Masonry, Plumbing, Electrical, Roofing, Painting and Engineering Equipment Operations.
All qualification requirements must be met by the closing date of this announcement. You must meet level 2 on the screen out factor/element and an average of level 2 on all factors/elements in the occupational assessment questionnaire. Must possess a valid state drivers license to pick up and transport supplies and materials to and from work sites.
1. National Park Service (NPS) uniformed position. Employee will be required to wear a uniform and comply with NPS uniform standards. A uniform allowance will be provided to defray the cost of the uniform.
2. Applicants must possess a valid state driver's license. This position requires that you operate a government (or private) motor vehicle as part of your official duties. A valid State driver's license is required. As a condition of employment, you will be required to submit a completed GSA Form 3607, Motor Vehicle Operator's License and Driving Record. You must also submit (within a State sealed envelope or submitted directly by the State authorities), and at your own expense, all certified driving records from all States that discloses all valid driver's licenses, whether current or past, possessed by you. If you are tentatively selected for employment in this position, you will be required to complete GSA Form 3607 and submit the above State issued documents. Your employment, after your tentative selection, will be contingent upon receipt of these documents in a timely manner and that those documents establish, to the satisfaction of the selecting official, that you possess a valid driver's license.
3. If you are selected for Federal employment, you will be required to fill out a Declaration of Federal Employment, OF-306, prior to being appointed to determine your suitability for Federal employment and to authorize a background investigation. Failing to answer all questions truthfully and completely or providing false statements on your application may be grounds for not hiring you, or for firing you after you begin work. Also, you may be punished by fine or imprisonment (U.S. Code, Title 18, section 1001).
4. This position requires the incumbent to possess or be able to obtain and possess a valid Commercial Driver's License (CDL).
5. This is a Drug Testing Designated Position.
6. Position may require weekend, holiday or evening work as needed.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
We will review your application package, including the online assessment questionnaire, to ensure you meet the job requirements and assess your ability to perform this job. Your ratings are subject to change if discrepancies exist between your responses and your supporting documents.
All applicants will be rated on the following Skills or Competencies:
- Ability to do the work of a Maintenance Worker Leader without more than normal supervision (Screen out).
- Ability to interpret instructions and specifications.
- Knowledge of materials such as painting products, carpentry, masonry, plumbing, electrical, equipment maintenance, janitorial and other trades.
- Ability to safety use and maintain tools, equipment and measuring instruments.
If you meet the qualification requirements based on your online application and are found to be among the top candidates, you will be referred to the selecting official for further review.
You must include months, years and hours per week worked to receive credit for your work experience. One year of specialized experience is equivalent to 12 months at 40 hours per week. Part-time hours are prorated. You will not receive any credit for experience that does not indicate exact hours per week or is listed as "varies".
Category rating procedures will be used to rate and rank candidates. Candidates will be ranked into 3 categories:
Category Group I (Best Qualified) - applicants who possess experience and/or education that well exceeds the minimum qualifications of the position, including all selective factors and all quality ranking factors. Applicants considered best qualified must be highly proficient in all requirements of the job and be able to perform effectively in the position.
Category Group II (Well Qualified) - applicants possessing experience that exceeds the minimum qualifications of the position including all selective factors, and who are proficient in most of the requirements of the job.
Category Group III (Qualified) - applicants possessing experience that meets the minimum qualifications of the position including all selective factors, and who are proficient in some, but not all of the requirements of the job.
Order of Consideration: Candidates who meet the minimum qualifications required by the position will be considered in the following order: (1) best qualified applicants entitled to 10-point veterans' preference who have a compensable service-connected disability of 10 percent or more (except in the case of scientific or professional positions at the GS-9 level or above or if they fail to meet positive education requirements, training, selective placement factor, etc.), best qualified applicants entitled to 10-point or 5-point veterans' preference, and then all other best qualified applicants, (2) well qualified applicants entitled to 10-point or 5-point veterans' preference and then all other well qualified applicants, (3) qualified applicants entitled to 10-point or 5-point veterans' preference and then all other qualified applicants.