The Defense Health Agency (DHA) National Capital Region Medical Directorate (NCR-MD), formerly known as the Joint Task Force National Capital Region Medical (JTF CapMed), is the future of Military Medicine.The Walter Reed National Military Medical Center (WRNMMC),National Intrepid Center of Excellence (NICoE),Fort Belvoir Community Hospital (FBCH) and Joint Pathology Center (JPC) provide world class medical services to the nation's service members and their families.
About the Position:
This position is located at the Walter Reed National Military Medical Center, Behavioral Health Department, at the Bethesda Installation in Maryland.
Just northwest of Washington, D.C., Bethesda is a thriving urban district brimming with over 250 restaurants, two live theaters, 20 art galleries, and some of the best shopping in the D.C. metro area. Bethesda, MD has been voted #5 on Fortunes 100 Best Places to Live, #2 on Forbes list of Americas Most Livable Cities, #1 on Forbes list of Americas Most Educated Small Towns, and #1 on CNN Moneys list of top-earning American towns.
Who May Apply: U.S. Citizens
As a Clinical Psychologist (Psychodiagnostician) at the Walter Reed National Military Center, you will:
- Provide professional consultation to psychiatric inpatients and outpatients.
- Administer a variety of psychological assessment tools to evaluate patients.
- Present a full range of psychological treatment to beneficiaries in psychiatry.
- Maintain clinical oversight to medical staff in a psychiatric setting.
- Provide direct instruction to a variety of medical staff including psychometrics and psychology technicians.