Civilian employees serve a vital role in supporting the Army mission. They provide the skills that are not readily available in the military, but crucial to support military operations. The Army integrates the talents and skills of its military and civilian members to form a Total Army.
About the Position:
- This position is an interdisciplinary position which may be filled under any of the following titles and occupational series, depending on the qualifications of the applicant and needs of the agency:
Counseling Psychologist, GS-0180
Social Worker, GS-0185
- This position will be located at the Tripler Army Medical Center, Department of Psychiatry, Alcoholism Recovery Facility in Ft. Shafter, HI.
- Located in Honolulu, next to Tripler Army Medical Center, Fort Shafter is home to U.S. Army Pacific and Pacific Ocean Division, Army Corps of Engineers. Fort Shafter has a large commissary, an exchange, and 1 shoppette. Recreation at Fort Shafter includes arts and crafts, auto hobby, bowling, camping, gym, library, swimming pools, tennis, and theater.
- Federal employees are currently entitled to receive a non-taxable, 12.25% cost of living allowance (COLA) in addition to the base salary. This is subject to change.
Who May Apply: U.S. Citizens
As an Interdisciplinary Counseling Psychologist/Social Worker at Ft. Shafter, you will:
- Conduct evolutions of Soldiers, family members, retirees and eligible Federal civilian employees referred for consultations from the individual, family members, commanding officers, supervisors, agents of the courts and medical personnel.
- Develop new methods, approaches, or procedures to meet changing program requirements and behavioral health patient needs.
- Provide strategic interventions, motivational interviewing techniques and crisis counseling for behavioral health patients.
- Develop and implement comprehensive treatment plans and arrange for required services with other providers and/or outside resources as needed.
- Provide individual and group psychotherapy, relapse prevention counseling and crisis counseling.