SCREEN OUT ELEMENT: To qualify, applicants must show in their resume that they are able to perform the duties of a Laborer (Motor Vehicle Operator) without more than normal supervision.
JOB ELEMENTS: The skills, knowledge, abilities, and personal characteristics listed below are important to succeed in the job:
Work Practices (Includes Keeping Things Neat, Clean, and in Order)Ability to Interpret Instructions, Specifications, etc. (Other Than Blueprints) using Dexterity and SafetyAbility To Use and Maintain Tools and Equipment
PHYSICAL EFFORT: Exerts extremely heavy physical effort, constantly lifting and carrying very heavy objects weighting 80 to 100 pounds (36 to 45 kilograms) or more, or lifting and moving similar weights through confined spaces. Subject to continuous standing, walking, bending, stooping, and reaching.
WORKING CONDITIONS: Outside work is usually performed under all kinds or weather conditions. Indoor work is often accomplished in office buildings or in well-lighted, heated, and ventilated areas such as warehouses, loading docks, or trade shops. Frequently exposed to weather and temperature extremes, drafts, noise, dust, and dirt and the possibility of bruises, muscle strains, cuts, scrapes, or more serious injuries. Work requires the employee to follow proper safety procedures and use standard safety equipment such as gloves, ear protectors, safety glasses, and steel-toe shoes to avoid possible hazards in the work area.
Other Requirements: Click here for expanded definitions.
- Male applicants born after December 31, 1959 must complete a Pre-Employment Certification Statement for Selective Service Registration.
- Personnel security investigation required.
- You will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship.
- One year trial/probationary period may be required.
- Direct Deposit of Pay is Required.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
1. Required to obtain and maintain a valid, State-issued Motor Vehicle Driver's License.
2. Required to wear a Corps of Engineers uniform.
3. Required to work overtime.
4. Required to pass a pre-employment physical.
5. Required to participate in the Department of Army Drug-Free Federal Workplace Program to include passing a urinalysis drug testing prior to appointment and passing random urinalysis drug testing thereafter.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Your application package (resume, supporting documents, and responses to the questionnaire) will be used to determine your eligibility, qualifications, and quality ranking for this position. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating or consideration for employment.
Basis for Rating: Qualified candidates will be assigned to one of three quality categories: Best Qualified, Highly Qualified and Qualified. Veteran preference eligibles are listed ahead of non-preference eligibles within each quality category.
Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP). If you are a Federal employee in the competitive service and your agency has notified you in writing that you are a displaced employee eligible for ICTAP consideration, you may receive selection priority. See Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP) for more information. Additional information about the program is on OPM's Career Transition Resources website.