Civilian employees serve a vital role in supporting the Army mission. They provide the skills that are not readily available in the military, but crucial to support military operations. The Army integrates the talents and skills of its military and civilian members to form a Total Army.
About the Position:
- This position will be located at Madigan Army Medical Center, Department of Behavioral Health, Embedded Behavioral Health Services in Ft. Lewis, WA.
- This position is for the Embedded Behavioral Health (EBH) initiative. This work involves treating soldiers with a broad range of behavioral health concerns in specific combat divisions at various locations around the world.
- Tacoma is a progressive city of 200,000 nestled between Seattle and the state capital of Olympia, offering the attractions of larger metropolitan areas with a home town feel. Tacoma is located 32 miles south of Seattle, 31 miles north of our state capital, Olympia, and 18 miles south of Sea-Tac International Airport, on the shores of Commencement Bay, within pristine eyesight of Mount Rainier. World-class museums, hotels and theaters draw thousands to downtown Tacoma while the shores of the Puget Sound and Mount Rainier inspire outdoor enthusiasts. Enjoy the mild climate and its excellent schools, universities, parks, festivals and regional shopping centers.
January 1, 2013, Madigan Healthcare System became a tobacco free campus. This
includes all tobacco products and electronic nicotine delivery devices such as
"e-cigarettes." As part of
this new policy and Madigan's commitment to employees and their health, newly
hired staff may take advantage of one free tobacco cessation class.
Who May Apply: U.S. Citizens
As a Clinical Psychologist at Madigan Army Medical Center, you will:
- Perform bio-psychological social evaluation utilizing principles and practices of psychological counseling.
- Develop comprehensive treatment plans to restore and rehabilitate patients with personal, emotional, and/or mental illnesses.
- Determine the appropriate psychological test that will be administered to the patient.
- Monitor all psychological test administration for quality assurance.
- Occasional Travel
- Up to 10% Business Travel required.