Civilian employees serve a vital role in supporting the Army mission. They provide the skills that are not readily available in the military, but crucial to support military operations. The Army integrates the talents and skills of its military and civilian members to form a Total Army.
About the Position:
- This position will be located at a Residential Treatment Facility, Behavioral Health Department in Ft. Gordon, GA.
- Employee will be required to: be on call, be available to work on weekends and work at multiple locations dictated by mission requirements.
- Nestled along the Savannah River banks, Augusta is the second largest and oldest city in Georgia. The city is less than 150 miles east of Atlanta and is an easy drive from Atlantic beaches and the mountains. While Augusta is known worldwide for the Masters golf tournament, you'll find that the "Garden City of the South is full of history, atmosphere, and activities to engage everyone's interest. Residents enjoy tree-lined streets with extensive shopping, dining, culture, and entertainment.
Who May Apply: U.S. Citizen
As a Clinical Psychologist in Ft. Gordon, you will:
- Provide psychological case consultation to nursing and counseling staff on the most highly complex cases involving neuropsychological, intellectual, emotional and/or psychiatric disorders.
- Interpret a wide variety of psychological diagnostic instruments to assess the functionality, intelligence, and neuropsychological deficits of the Residential Treatment Facility patients.
- Insure the appropriate development of treatment programs to encourage patients to develop adoptive behavior patterns for alcohol/drug abstinence, increased self-reliance, anxiety reduction and general life management.
- Plan, implement, and direct the clinical research component of the Residential Treatment Program.
- Develop and implement specialized treatment programs in accordance with directives and general guidelines from higher headquarters, such as the Driving While Intoxicated (DWI) program.
- Occasional Travel
- Up to 5% Business Travel required.