In order to qualify, you must meet the education and/or experience requirements described below. Your resume must clearly describe your relevant experience; if qualifying based on education, your transcripts will be required as part of your application.
SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: At least one (1) year of specialized experience at the next lower grade (GS-08) or equivalent. Specialized experience must include knowledge of applicable law enforcement and security AF, Federal and DoD rules, regulations, instructions, practices, principles and procedures including force protection, integrated base defense, anti-terrorism and physical security.
Federal Time-In-Grade (TIG) Requirement for General Schedule (GS) Positions: Applicants must have served at least 52 weeks at the GS-08 or higher grade (or equivalent in an alternate pay system) within the Federal Civil Service to be considered for referral. TIG applies if you are in a current GS position or held a GS position within the previous 52 weeks.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs): Your qualifications will be evaluated on the basis of your level of knowledge, skills, abilities and/or competencies in the following areas:
1. Knowledge of applicable law enforcement and security AF, Federal and DoD rules, regulations, instructions, practices, principles and procedures including force protection, integrated base defense, anti-terrorism and physical security.
2. Knowledge of safety and security regulations, practices, and procedures.
3. Knowledge of police officer procedures and operating methods to perform the full range of police officer activities independently to include protection level resources, installation entry control, armed response and dispatch.
4. Ability to operate the Incident Management System and the Security Force Management Information System.
5. Ability to plan, organize, direct the functions and staff of an organization.
PART-TIME OR UNPAID EXPERIENCE: Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid and or part-time work. You must clearly identify the duties and responsibilities in each position held and the total number of hours per week.
ADDITIONAL CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
1. The work requires a valid drivers license.
2. Incumbent must be qualified in the use of required weapons.
3. This position is covered by the Domestic Violence Misdemeanor Amendment (30 Sep 96) of the Gun Control Act (Lautenberg Amendment) of 1968. An individual convicted of a qualifying crime of domestic violence may not perform the duties of this position.
4. May be required to wear a uniform, wear special protective clothing such as coats, boots, vests, gas masks, and/or helmets and may be exposed to high levels of noise such as aircraft engines.
5. Must pass an initial pre-employment medical examination, periodic medical examinations, required initial and annual physical fitness/physical agility tests, meet established hearing standards and discern colors, contrast, and depth.
6. Must undergo initial and periodic job compatibility assessments.
7. Must obtain and maintain current required certifications in CPR techniques, self aid buddy care, and first aid.
8. Must pass initial formal law enforcement training school as determined by functional, a certificate from a federally recognized Law Enforcement Academy is preferred.
9. Incumbent will be exposed to the day-to-day dangers associated with law enforcement and security duties.
10. This position may be designated mission essential based on local conditions.
11. This position may be designated as a key position IAW AFI 36-507. Duties of this position may be locally determined to be essential to accomplishment of wartime/contingency operations.
12. Required training is required to keep the incumbent knowledgeable on the updated specialized tactics, techniques and procedures necessary for preparation and response to catastrophic event, terrorist attacks and related threats to the installation.
13. Ability to employ infantry SWAT small unit tactics involving fire and maneuver, with rapid advancing movement between defensive positions, while wearing protective gear for extended periods of time, e.g., employing Active Shooter response tactics and techniques as a member of a small team is required.
14. See Position Description for additional requirements
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Your application package (resume, supporting documents, and
responses to the questionnaire) will be used to determine your eligibility,
qualifications, and quality ranking for this position. Please follow all
instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating or
consideration for employment.
Your responses to the questionnaire may be compared to the
documents you submit. The documents you submit must support your
responses to the online questionnaire. If your application contradicts or
does not support your questionnaire responses, you will receive a rating of
"not qualified" or "insufficient information" and you will
not receive further consideration for this job.
Applicants who disqualify themselves will not be evaluated