Job Title:Clinical Psychologist Pain
Department:Department Of Veterans Affairs
Agency:Veterans Affairs, Veterans Health Administration
Job Announcement Number:757-14-085E-1039430
This position is closed and no longer accepting online applications through USAJOBS.
The contents of the announcement can still be viewed.
/ Per Year|
|Tuesday, January 28, 2014 to
Monday, February 10, 2014|
SERIES & GRADE:
|Full Time -
|1 vacancy in the following location:|
Columbus, OH View Map
WHO MAY APPLY:
|US Citizens and Status Candidates |
|Public Trust - Background Investigation|
Vacancy Identification Number (VIN) 1039430
OUR MISSION: To fulfill President Lincoln's promise "To care for him who shall have borne the battle, and for his widow, and his orphan" by serving and honoring the men and women who are America's Veterans.
At the Columbus VA, we honor those who
serve through our unwavering commitment to provide the Excellent Care that
every Veteran deserves. Columbus VA is
a Veteran-centric ambulatory care center, where our doctors, nurses, and staff
fully consider the comprehensive needs of Every Veteran. At Columbus VA, we consider it our mission
to do everything we can, Every Time, to positively affect the lives of
Note: The full performance level of this vacancy is GS-13. The actual grade at which an applicant may be selected for this vacancy is in the range of GS-11 to GS-13. The Professional Standards Board (a peer-review group) will review the selected candidates education and experience and recommend the grade and step at which the candidate will be placed. The salary is based on the grade and step approved for the selected candidate.
VA encourages persons with disabilities to apply. The health related positions in VA are covered by Title 38, and are not covered by the Schedule A excepted appointment authority.
- U.S. citizen
- Must be proficient in written and spoken English
- Designated and-or Random Drug Testing required
- Background and-or Security Investigation required
- Must pass pre-employment examination
DUTIES:Back to top
Working Title: Chronic Pain Rehabilitation Programs Director
The position is a team lead over social workers, nurses and physical therapists.
The Clinical Psychologist is assigned to the positions of Pain Psychologist and Clinical Director for the interdisciplinary pain programs in the Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation (PM&R) Service at the Columbus VA Ambulatory Care Center. Major duties include:
- Serves as team lead for the interdisciplinary pain rehabilitation team and works with staff to maintain program standards;
- Responsibility for the comprehensive development and implementation of the facility's interdisciplinary pain programs offered at the secondary and tertiary levels of care;
- Oversees the monitoring and reporting of data-driven outcomes and establishes program initiatives and direction within limitations of available staff and budget;
- Oversees the consultation and referral process for the interdisciplinary pain programs;
Tour of duty: 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:Back to top
proficiency (written and spoken)
Physical standards - All
applicants must meet the physical standards for the position. A physical examination
prior to employment may be required.
Doctoral degree in
psychology from a graduate program in psychology accredited by the American Psychological
Successfully completed a
professional psychology internship training program accredited by the APA.
GS-12 grade requires one
year post doctoral experience obtained in a professional program concerned with health,
rehabilitation or vocational restoration.
GS-13 grade requires two
years post doctoral experience with licensure.
Preferred experience is program development experience or interest.
IN DESCRIBING YOUR
EXPERIENCE, PLEASE BE CLEAR AND SPECIFIC. WE MAY NOT MAKE ASSUMPTIONS
REGARDING YOUR EXPERIENCE.
References VA Handbook
5005, Part II, Appendix G18, Psychologist Qualification Standard.
PLEASE NOTE: Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications (particularly positions with a positive education requirement.) Therefore, applicants must report only attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education. Applicants can verify accreditation at the following website: http://www.ed.gov/admins/finaid/accred/index.html All education claimed by applicants will be verified by the appointing agency accordingly. If you are using foreign education to meet qualification requirements, you must send a Certificate of Foreign Equivalency with your transcript in order to receive credit for that education.
Use of fingers; near vision correctable at 13" to 16" to Jaeger 1 to 4; far vision correctable in one eye to 20/50 and to 20/100 in the other eye; working closely with others.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Your application, résumé and/or supporting documentation will be verified. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect consideration for employment.
BENEFITS:Back to top
Working for the Department of Veterans Affairs offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes, in part, paid vacation, sick leave, holidays, life insurance, health benefits, thrift savings plan, and participation in the Federal Employees Retirement System. In addition to traditional "dollars and cents" benefits, we offer a range of benefits to help balance work and life. For more information please visit us at http://www.va.gov/JOBS/Job_Benefits/benefits.asp.
This job opportunity announcement may be used to fill additional vacancies.
This position is in the Excepted Service and does not confer competitive status.
HOW TO APPLY:Back to top
All applicants are encouraged to apply online. To apply for this position, you must complete the occupational questionnaire and submit the documentation specified in the Required Documents section below.
The complete application package must be submitted by 11:59 PM (EST) on Monday, February 10, 2014 to receive consideration.
It is your responsibility to ensure your responses and appropriate documentation is submitted prior to the closing date.
- To begin, click Apply Online to create a USAJOBS account or log in to your existing account. Follow the prompts to select your USAJOBS resume and/or other supporting documents and complete the occupational questionnaire.
- Click the Submit My Answers button to submit your application package.
To verify your application is complete, log into your USAJOBS account, https://my.usajobs.gov/Account/Login, select the Application Status link and then select the more information link for this position. The Details page will display the status of your application, the documentation received and processed, and any correspondence the agency has sent related to this application. Your uploaded documents may take several hours to clear the virus scan process.
To return to an incomplete application, log into your USAJOBS account and click Update Application in the vacancy announcement. You must re-select your resume and/or other documents from your USAJOBS account or your application will be incomplete.
complete Application Package includes:
1. VA Form 10-2850c -
Application for Associated Health Occupations (Available at http://www.va.gov/vaforms/medical/pdf/vha-10-2850c-fill.pdf) (required; signed & dated within the last year).
2. CV or Resume.
4. If currently
employed in the VA system, include latest SF-50 - Notification of Personnel
5. Veterans - copy of DD214 showing character of service.
Faxing Applications or Supporting Documents:
You are encouraged to apply online. Applying online will allow you to review and track the status of your application.
NOTE: If you applied online and your application is complete, do not fax the paper application (1203FX) as this will overwrite your prior online responses and may result in you being found ineligible.
If you completed the occupational questionnaire online and are unable to upload supporting document(s):
1. To fax your documents, you must use the following cover page http://staffing.opm.gov/pdf/usascover.pdf and provide the required information. The Vacancy ID is 1039430.
2. Fax your documents to 1-478-757-3144. If you cannot complete the Application Package online, you may fax all of your materials. The complete application package must be submitted by 11:59 PM (EST) on Monday, February 10, 2014 to receive consideration. Keep a copy of your fax confirmation in the event verification is needed.
To complete the occupational questionnaire and submit via fax:
Click the following link to view and print the occupational questionnaire View Occupational Questionnaire.
- Print the 1203FX form, follow the instructions and provide your responses to the occupational questionnaire items http://www.opm.gov/forms/pdfimage/opm1203fx.pdf.
- Fax the completed 1203FX form along with any supporting documents to 1-478-757-3144. Your 1203FX will serve as a cover page for your fax transmission.
WHAT TO EXPECT NEXT:
After we receive your complete application package (including any required documents), your qualifications will be reviewed to decide if you meet the basic requirements. You will be notified when this decision is made.