About the Agency
The Smithsonian Institution values and seeks a diverse workforce. Join us in "Inspiring Generations through Knowledge and Discovery."
- Presents programs for the public in the museum's galleries and the imagiNATIONS Activity Center.
- Answers questions about Native cultures and customs across the Western Hemisphere and uses personal knowledge and experience to enhance and broaden visitors' understanding and context of the exhibitions.
- Interacts with museum visitors--primarily children under age 12--by answering questions and assisting with their explorations of the interactive space. Help visitors to use interactive stations and explore handling collections and discovery boxes and provides additional resources to answer visitors' queries.
- Contributes to the design, development and implementation of educational programs including guided tour scripts, workshops, presentations with a focus on Native communities, and gallery/museum activities for adults and children.
- Works closely with the floor lead and center coordinator to maintain the operations of the interactive components of the Activity Center, including working with exhibitions, IT, education, facilities, and other stakeholders. Work included daily start-up and shut-down of media components, stocking and resupply, hygiene and cleaning, and operational integrity of the activities.