Become a part of the Department that touches the lives of every American! At the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) you can give back to your community, state, and country by making a difference in the lives of Americans everywhere. It is the principal agency for protecting the health of citizens. Join HHS and help to make our world healthier, safer, and better for all Americans.
Who May Apply: This vacancy is open to current HHS, Food and Drug Administration, Center for Tobacco Products employees with competitive status and Career Transition Plan Employees (CTAP) eligibles within the local commuting area only. Competitive status refers to employees who are serving on a career or career conditional appointment.Additional selections may be made within the same geographical area FDA-wide.
PHS Commissioned Corps Officers interested in performing the duties of this position within the Commissioned Corps may apply online to this announcement. Candidates will be referred to (CC) personnel and not as candidates for conversion to a permanent career or career-conditional appointment.
YOU MUST SUBMIT YOUR SF-50, CTAP or COMMISSIONED CORPS DOCUMENTATION
This position is located in the Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS), Food and Drug Administration (FDA), Center for Tobacco Products (CTP), Office of Management (OM).
- Serves as liaison with the FDA Office of Acquisitions and Grant Services, other contracting organizations within the Department of Health and Human Services and with participating federal agencies regarding Interagency Agreements.
- Provides guidance and expertise on contracting process to include pre-award and post-award processes.
- Collaborates with the program office in the preparation of Independent Government Cost Estimates (IOCE) for large, complex procurements.
- Assists the program office with the development of proposal evaluation criteria and oversees the proposal evaluation process within CTP.
- Analyzes new or amended regulations, and develops policy covering acquisition programs, contracting activities or functions for which CTP has responsibility.