In order to qualify, you must meet the education and/or experience requirements described below. Your resume must clearly describe your relevant experience; if qualifying based on education, your transcripts will be required as part of your application. Additional information about transcripts is in this document.
completion of at least a doctoral degree (Ph.D. or equivalent) directly
related to full professional work in Clinical Psychology is required.
Experience required: To qualify based on your work experience, your resume must describe at least one year of experience which prepared you to do the work in this job. Specialized experience is defined as: providing psychological therapy to children and/or adolescents, assessing patients to determine an appropriate diagnosis, and interpreting psychological tests. This definition of specialized experience is typical of work performed at the next lower grade/level position in the federal service (GS-11).
Some federal jobs allow you to substitute your education for the required experience in order to qualify. For this job, you must meet the qualification requirement using experience alone--no substitution of education for experience is permitted.
Licensure: A current, active, valid, and unrestricted license as a Psychologist from a U.S. State, District of Columbia, Commonwealth, territory, or jurisdiction is required.
You will be evaluated on the basis of your level of competency (knowledge, skills, abilities) in the following areas:
- Ability to Conduct Psychological Assessments
- Skill in Treating Psychological Children
- Skill in Improving Psychological Services
Foreign education must be evaluated for U.S. equivalency in order to be considered for this position. You must include this information with your application package.
Only degrees from an accredited college or university recognized by the Department of Education are acceptable to meet positive education requirements or to substitute for experience. For additional information, please go to the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) and U.S. Department of Education websites at http://www.opm.gov/qualifications and http://www.ed.gov/admins/finaid/accred/index.html
Other Requirements: Click here for expanded definitions.
- Male applicants born after December 31, 1959 must complete a Pre-Employment Certification Statement for Selective Service Registration.
- You will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship.
- One year trial/probationary period may be required.
- Direct Deposit of Pay is Required.
- Personnel Security Investigation required.
- This position is subject to annual seasonal influenza vaccinations. Applicants tentatively selected for
appointment to this position will be required to sign a statement
(Condition of Employment) consenting to seasonal influenza vaccinations
or must provide a recognized exemption.
- A pre-placement medical examination is required.
- Immunization screening is required.
Hepatitis B immunization is required for all positions with direct
patient contact. Applicants may be required to show proof of other
immunizations depending on the type of position.
- All Health Care Providers must be
able to obtain and maintain current Basic Life Support (BLS) Training
and certification that is sponsored or endorsed by the American Heart
Association (AHA). Current Advanced Life Support or other advanced
certification does not supersede BLS completion.
- Selected applicant must provide documents for credentialing.
- This position requires a Childcare Background Check (CNACI).
- Position is designated as Inclement Weather Essential. The incumbent must make every attempt to report for work on time and/or remain on duty during severe weather conditions.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Your application package (resume, supporting documents, and responses to the questionnaire) will be used to determine your eligibility, qualifications, and quality ranking for this position. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating or consideration for employment.
Basis for Rating: Qualified candidates will be assigned to one of three quality categories: Best Qualified, Highly Qualified and Qualified. Veteran preference eligibles are listed ahead of non-preference eligibles within each quality category.
Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP). If you are a Federal employee in the competitive service and your agency has notified you in writing that you are a displaced employee eligible for ICTAP consideration, you may receive selection priority. See Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP) for more information. Additional information about the program is on OPM's Career Transition Resources website.