Applicants must have IT-related experience demonstrating each of the four competencies listed below:
- Attention to Detail - Is thorough when performing work and conscientious about attending to detail.
- Customer Service - Works with clients and customers (that is, any individuals who use or receive the services or products that your work unit produces, including the general public, individuals who work in the agency, other agencies, or organizations outside the Government) to assess their needs, provide information or assistance, resolve their problems, or satisfy their expectations; knows about available products and services; is committed to providing quality products and services.
- Oral Communication - Expresses information (for example, ideas or facts) to individuals or groups effectively, taking into account the audience and nature of the information (for example, technical, sensitive, controversial); makes clear and convincing oral presentations; listens to others, attends to nonverbal cues, and responds appropriately.
- Problem Solving - Identifies problems; determines accuracy and relevance of information; uses sound judgment to generate and evaluate alternatives, and to make recommendations.
In addition to the IT competencies listed above, applicants must also possess one year of Specialized Experience at the next lower grade level (or equivalent) in the normal line of progression for this occupation or qualifying education as shown below.
At the GS-13:
Qualifying experience for GS-13 includes one year of specialized experience comparable to GS-12 which is directly related to the work of this position and which has equipped the applicant with the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform successfully the duties of the position. For this position, specialized experience is experience designing, developing, and implementing baseline enterprise information systems standards and major enterprise infrastructure which included developing security plans for enterprise architecture, providing technical and security operations services, and IT security engineering technical support.
All qualification requirements must be met by 11:59 PM (Eastern Time) on the closing date of this vacancy announcement.
Conditions of Employment:
1. Security and Background Requirements: If not previously completed, a background security investigation will be required for all appointees. Appointment will be subject to the applicant's successful completion of a background security investigation and favorable adjudication. In addition, if hired, a background security reinvestigation or supplemental investigation may be required at a later time. Applicants are also advised that all information concerning qualifications is subject to investigation. False representation may be grounds for non-consideration, non-selection and appropriate disciplinary action.
2. E-Verify: If you are selected for this position, the documentation that you present for purposes of completing the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Form I-9 will be verified through the DHS "E-Verify" System. Federal law requires DHS to use the E-Verify System to verify employment eligibility of all new hires, and, as a condition of continued employment, obligates the new hire to take affirmative steps to resolve any discrepancies identified by the system. The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services is an E-Verify Participant.
3. Direct Deposit: All Federal employees are required to have Federal salary payments made by direct deposit to a financial institution of their choosing.
4. All qualification requirements must be met by the closing date of the announcement.
5. Financial disclosure statement is not required.
6. One-year probationary period may be required.
7. Travel, transportation, and relocation expenses will be paid: No
8. Bargaining Unit Position: No
9. Drug Screening Required: No
10. Recruitment Bonus may be authorized: No
11. Student loan repayment inventive authorized: No
12. Annual leave for non-federal service authorized: Yes
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Under the provisions of the Direct-Hire Authority (DHA), veterans' preference does not apply. While veterans' preference does not apply in DHA, veterans are encouraged to submit their documentation. Applicants who meet the minimum qualification requirements described above and who are otherwise eligible to apply for the position, will be referred for selection consideration. For more information on OPM's authorization of Direct Hire Authority, please visit http://www.opm.gov/employ/direct_hire/index.asp.
Applicants who are displaced Federal employees within the local commuting area who are requesting priority consideration under the Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP) or Career Transition Assistance Program (CTAP) must be determined Well Qualified using the below evaluation criteria. If you do not meet the Well Qualified criteria but you do meet the minimum qualification requirements, you will be referred.
Well Qualified - Meets the qualification requirements and demonstrates a satisfactory level of possession of the competencies of the position.
Qualified - Meets the qualification requirements, but does not possess the relevant competencies to a substantive degree.
The category assignment is a measure of the degree in which your background matches the required competencies listed below for this position.
- Skill in applying information systems security principles and concepts, new IT security developments and project management principles and methods in order to lead and coordinate the implementation of security programs across agency organizations.
- Knowledge of IT systems life cycle, networks infrastructure, IT communication, data encryption, telecommunication systems, and development of software as they relate to information security.
- Knowledge of the President's Management Agenda (PMA), Federal government policies, directives standards, and other regulatory materials concerning IT investments, and IT security.
To preview the assessment questionnaire, click the following link: View Assessment Questions