Become a part of the Department that touches the lives of every American! At the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) you can give back to your community, state, and country by making a difference in the lives of Americans everywhere. It is the principal agency for protecting the health of citizens. Join HHS and help to make our world healthier, safer, and better for all Americans.
This position is located in the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS), Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ), Center for Delivery, Organizations and Markets (CDOM), in Rockville, MD.
This vacancy is also being announced concurrently with vacancy announcement HHS-AHRQ-MP-14-1027865 under merit promotion procedures. Please review that announcement to see if you are eligible for consideration under merit promotion procedures. NOTE: Applicants must apply separately for each
This announcement may be used to fill additional positions.
Incumbent serves as an Economist performing the following duties:
- Manage the formulation, programming and guidance of projects or continuing programs involving economic issues of great importance and significance
- Develop and present for review new ideas for analysis and presentation of economic data
- Develop, create, and disseminate analytic tools and data derived from administrative or discharge level datasets for rapidly assessing and tracking cost and efficiency
- Participate in or lead interagency work groups as related to economic research
- Promote and disseminate the findings of the research conducted or facilitated, to ensure the evidence is understood and applied in health care settings
- Prepare statistical tabulations and analyses in formats easily understood by policymakers, the media, and the general public